21. Ray & Poems

I wanna go back home.

Star kept reciting those words in her head over and over again as time flew by. They were getting closer to Ray's house and she was getting more and more nervous.

A few minutes later, they reached Ray's house- mansion more like.

Ray got out of the car and just like a real gentleman, opened the door for Star.

The young girl got out and smiled at him sweetly, thanking god that the young man couldn't see how stressed she was right now.

"Follow me!" Ray exclaimed excitedly.

Star swore that they had taken an eternity to reach the front door. The yard was definitely as twice the size of the house.

She lost her trend of thoughts when Ray unlocked the door and stepped in nonchalantly. She simply stood on the front porch, not knowing what to do. She held her notebook closer and just stared at the half opened front door.

A few seconds later, Ray's head popped out of the door and the latter looked at the girl, trying to hold back his smirk.

"Whachu waiting for girl?" Ray said amusingly as he watched the young girl standing there stoic on his front porch.

"Oh no nothing!" Star uttered as she pushed past Ray and rushed into the massive living room. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw an elegant lady standing next to the couch looking at her.

Star regained her composure, thinking that she was Ray's mother.

"Hello, my dear," the lady uttered, smiling sweetly at Star.

"H-hi!" Star squeaked.

"Anne-Marie! I'm glad you met Star, we'll be upstairs if there is anything," Ray said quickly and proceeded to drag the young girl up the stairs.

At this point, Star was utterly confused.

They ended up into a room as big as Star's living room and kitchen. She was in awe.

Ray closed the door and rushed forward to peck Star on the lips.

Star stood there, not knowing what to do. She blushed when Ray giggled. Yeah, giggled.

What she didn't notice was that Ray had stolen her note book and was already lying down on bed.

"Hey!" Star exclaimed and rushed towards the bed but stopped in front of it, staring awkwardly at the young man.

"What? Come here," Ray said absentmindedly while going through the pages of the notebook.

Star could almost feel the smirk lurking on his face. She wanted to slap him. Why? No idea.

She kneeled down on the way too comfy bed and leant against the bedpost, looking at the curious young man.

Ray was silent for quite a while, however after a few minutes, he began reading a poem out loud:

"She stared down at his reflection
In the crystal clear water,
His green eyes almost losing
Themselves in the greenery of the place.
She felt a shiver run down her spine
When he smiled at her,
His luscious lips calling out for hers,
She longed to be held in his strong embrace,
His strong arms enlaced around her
Lean body,
A place where she would feel safe and warm..."

Star was literally beat red, even her ears were completely red. Even a tomato was less pigmented that her at this point.

Ray looked up at Star and smiled cheekily.

"So green eyes huh? I wonder about whom this is..." Ray smirked again.

The latter got on his knees and looked at the young girl who was now drowning in embarrassment.

"I feel like you're head over heels for someone, and I'd kill to know who this lucky person is."

"No!" Star screamed out of the blue. She placed her head in the palm of her hands, hoping that she'd just disappear.

Ray lifted her head from her almost sweaty hands, pushed her hair aside and placed a light kiss on her nose.

Star buried herself in his neck and the young man chuckled.

"So are you going to tell me who he is, I'm getting kinda jealous," Ray said.

Star smiled and slapped him on the upper arm. She felt pure bliss when his strong arms wrapped themselves around her.

"Ray?"

"Hmm?"

"Who was that woman downstairs?"

"She's my little sis' nanny," Ray mumbled, burying his face into Star's hair. She smelt like strawberries.

She pulled away and took her notebook and kept it safely in her hands.

"You're in my house, on my bed and you still don't want me to see your poems?" Ray smirked.

He snatched the notebook out of her hands once again and kept it behind his back.

"So are you going to tell me about whom your poems are?"

"No?"

"Oh, I won't give it back if you don't tell me."

"Okay.."

"Cmon Star, don't be mean."

"You?"

"Me?"

"Yeah!"

"I don't fully trust you, come give me a kiss to prove it,"

Star huffed and pecked Ray on the lips. She took back her notebook and pouted.

"Oh I have so much more to learn about you my lovely Star," Ray said looking lovingly at her.

Star blushed under his persistent stare.

"Come I'll show you my secret garden," Ray said excitedly as he pulled Star out of his room.

What surprise does he have now, Star thought as she followed the young man.

________________________________________________________________

A/N
Hey lads ! Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with university applications and stuff oufff.

Dedicating this to Mr-Lemon cause I was supposed to make him covers 3 weeks ago 😂 and I finished them today. So hiiiiii boiiiii.

Star is so awkward lmao, sweet.

Btw the picture attached is the new cover, cause I got kinda bored of the previous one, ha.

Anyways, lush you all ❤️

Stella. xx