15. A Special Footie Match

Star woke up in a much better mood the next day even if she was still thinking about her dad. She unlocked her phone and went through her notifications. Her face lit up with joy when she saw a text from Ray.

Ray

Morning Star, I was wondering if you were free today... I mean, there's a match today, I'd really love to see you there.

Sent at 6:54 a.m

At this point Star was on panic mode. The first thing that she could think of was to call Molly.

"Molly! Ray invited me to the match tonight, what do I do? What do I do?!"

"What! Woah that is quite unbelievable-"

"Molly, you're supposed to be helping me!"

"Yeah, yeah, but listen you should definitely go or else I'll murder you and discard your body in the nearest river"

"Wait what? No whatever listen, should I text him and say that I'm free or what in hell do I tell him? Help me!"

"Oh lord, just tell him that you'll be there!"

"Okay fine", Star huffed and cut the call. She then proceeded to reply to Ray saying that she'd be there. She got an instant reply from him saying that he was so glad that she could make it.

Today was a Saturday and she was hoping that her mom would be home. Even with everything that happened this week, she was quite worried about her mom spending three quarter of her time outside. She had a quick shower, threw on some washed out clothes and went downstairs expecting her mom to be in the kitchen.

Alas the latter was no where to be seen. Star sighed and went to feed her dog. On her way back she spotted Ivan in his yard(yeah those two were neighbours).

"Ivan!" Star screamed.

Ivan noticed the young girl and strolled lazily towards her.

"Hey Star, what's up?"

"Ivan you have no idea about what happened today! I'm literally on cloud nine"

"Well I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure you'll tell me", Star could almost feel the sarcasm hitting her in the face.

"Oh shush Iv. Ray invited me to the game tonight!"

"And?"

"What do you mean and? You should be more excited, c'mon you have to help me with my outfit and everything!" She said while pulling Ivan into her house.

"What do you think I am? Your personal assistant or what?"

"Yes!", Star replied giggling while going up the stairs. Ivan followed her quietly to her room.

"So is he taking you on a date after the game or does he just want to fill the bleachers?"

"Ivan, stop being mean to me. Hey, by the way, I haven't heard of Jeremiah since last time, is he alright? He is usually never this quiet."

"hmm, I guess he's fine"

"Listen Iv, I know you're a cold and heartless prick but you should care a little about your best friends sometimes." Star said absentmindedly rummaging through her clothes.

Ivan simply snorted and laid down on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"I should seriously get some new friends, cause Molly is 24/7 with Sam, Jeremiah is missing and you don't even give a fuck about anything", Star complained.

"I agree with you about the last one." Ivan replied dryly and this resulted in having a pair of jeans thrown to his face.

"Star what the f*ck is wrong with you?" Ivan fumed, which only resulted in amusing Star. Ivan was always like a big brother to Star. He would throw fits then and now, but he was always so protective towards the young girl.

"Are those jeans alright or not?" Star replied nonchalantly.

"Yeah, they must be. Why don't you where your vieux rose blouse with it."

"Won't it look too sophisticated for the game?"

"Who gives a fuck about that, at least you'll look good, unlike now"

"You are such a horrendous person Iv!" Star the proceeded to attack him with her pillow, but she had only started a fight that she could never win.

After a few minutes of pillow fight, they both laid down on the bed.

"So are you gonna tell me what's wrong now?" Star said.

"Nothing is wrong Star," Ivan reply, without an ounce of emotion.

"You're more cynical than usual today, plus I know you too well, c'mon you know you can tell me anything."

"I know Star, and I promise to tell you everything when the right time comes."

"Alright then," Star sighed as Ivan placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Can I go home now?" Ivan inquired.

"What! No, you prick, stay here and keep me company."

Finally Ivan stayed and both of them spent the day at Star's place, talking about nothing and everything.

The rest of the day went by really fast and the game was due to start in less than an hour from now.

"IVAN I'M GETTING READY, PLEASE START THE CAR, BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DROP ME AT THE STADIUM!"

"You don't have to scream, I'm standing right behind the door."

"Oh, but go start the car now!"

"Fine, fine."

The stadium was some 30 minutes away and star was stressing. The game is due to start and 4 p.m and it was already 3.20 in the afternoon and Star was still getting ready. She kept her make up almost non-existent. She was only wearing a light foundation, mascara and some chapstick.

She looked at her one last time in the mirror. Her plain rose blouse hugged her figure perfectly and her tight jeans fit her curves pretty well. Her light brown boots went perfectly with the outfit. She took a deep breath, trying to calm down, but jumped a little when Ivan honked.

Star cursed under her breath before rushing downstairs. She left a note to her mom saying that she would be at Molly's for the night. Well it was partially true, cause she was planning on sleeping at Molly's place.

She got into the car, hoping that she wouldn't faint on the way.

________________________________________________________________

HEY MY LOVELIES!

I apologize for not being very active these previous months.

I'm literally writing this in a plane, on my way back to Mauritius, lmao.

Well hoped you liked it.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3

And yeahhhhh, comment if you have an idea about what is going on with Ivan. :3

Alright, lush you all!

(btw picture at the top is Ivan's)

-stella. x