2. Agreed

Star stood up, and made her way out of the restroom as dozens of girls pushed their way in. She headed towards the cafeteria where Molly would be waiting for her, unless she was still glued to Sam.

She entered the crowded place, making sure her notebook was securely stuffed in her bag. She glanced towards the 'cool kids' place and noticed Ray snogging a brunette who was sitting in his lap. She bit her tongue and proceeded, with rushed steps towards her best friend who was seated at the other end of the cafeteria.

"Star what's up, you look really pale"

"What... No , no, I'm fine " Star replied absent mindedly

"What if that girl was his girlfriend? Oh come on its not like you haven't had a boyfriend in the past, yes but it's not like I was extracting his tongue out of his mouth in publ-"

"STAR! What's wrong with you today? You seem to be somewhere else, it's creeping us out"

Star was actually having a heated debate with herself and she was trying not to lose her mind at the moment. She looked up at her friends who were staring at her like she had just dressed like a unicorn.

"Hey love, are you alright?" Ivan spoke up.

She glanced at Ivan and smiled at him. He was one of the best friend someone could ever dream of. He was funny, caring and a tad crazy.

"Yes I'm absolutely fine, just thinking about that stupid teacher who threw me out of class today" she chuckled, easing the tension around her.

"Well you were the one scribbling poems in a history class" Jeremiah spoke up.
"IT WAS THE ONLY INTERESTING THING I COULD DO, as if you were following his class!"
"Star, I swear you are the loudest human being on this earth" Molly interrupted
"I agree"
"Yup, agree"
"I agree as well"

Jeremiah, Ivan and a third voice spoke up, which caught her attention.

She craned her neck towards that silky voice and it was none other than Ray, who had placed his arms on the table and was sneaking a piece of Star's untouched sandwich.
"I hope you don't mind" he said, stuffing the piece in his mouth.

"No.. No.. Not at all...uhh"

"Well what happened, how come you are so quiet now? Hmm" Molly added and snickered loudly. Star sent her a heated glare and glanced up at Ray who was looking at her amusingly.

"Hey man take a seat" Jeremiah said, feeling the long stare that Ray and Star were sharing, quite awkward.

"Nope I got football practice in a few, just wanted to say hello"

"Well hello" Ivan added, rather ironically.

Star was just about to say something when the bell went out for the next period.
Sam came by and took Molly along. Ivan waved bye and Jeremiah winked once, before taking his cue.

They all left me alone, I should find myself new best friends

Star thought and sighed loudly before standing up, putting her sandwich in her bag and leaving the cafeteria.

She looked one last time at the brunette Ray was kissing earlier. The girl was pretty, there was no chance, Star could compete with her. She sighed another time and left the cafeteria and headed towards her next class.

~~

After school, Star didn't bother waiting for Molly and went straight out of the building. She stopped and awed a little at the view in front of her. Ray and his mates were playing football on the field. She hid behind the huge oak tree and sat down, looking dreamingly at Ray who was sweating and running, clearly being in his element with the ball around his feet.

Star opened her notebook, held her pen between her slender fingers.

Thousands of stars
In the milkyway,
Only one of them
Shining brighter than usual
All the other stars
Following their leader,
The one
The one and only,
Seeking the warmth
Seeking the love
Seeking the pride
The only real star
It's Rays blinding
Everyone else
That star
The star which stole
All the light of
The universe
The star which stole
The light out of me.

She closed her notebook and sighed heavily for the nth time this day, she lifted her head and looked at the boys who were still on the field. They had finished their match and Ray's team had won. And they were running around praising their captain.

Slowly, Star stood up and left the school premises.
She walked home. No one was home, other than her dog which welcomed her. She silently hoped that her mom would be back soon from her job because she didn't want to stay alone all night long. She missed spending time with her mom, but since her dad left them, her mother had no other choice than to take up two jobs to compensate the needs of the family.

She went up the stair case and entered her room, put her bag down and lied down on her bed staring at the ceiling. She closed her eyes and stayed still for a moment and let the words slip out of her mouth:

Why does this have to happen to me.

**********************************************************************************

Hello people!! Chapter 2 over! Hope you enjoyed it :)
Please leave feedback and votes!
Alright lush you all <3
And do tell me if I should continue with the story, personally I want to, cause the story of Ray and Star really does make me curious and I'd like to know what happens to them later
So yeah, don't forget to comment.
Oh you beautiful people 💯
Stella .x