19. Sad and Happy

I never really thought that

I could be sad and happy

At the same time

What is that weird feeling?

By the moon and Stars,

I'd kill to get rid of the sadness.

Unfortunately, my moon no longer

Resolves around the earth.

I'm such a mess,

That even the moon goddess

Walked away, leaving me

In a state of complete distress and pain.

But a single kiss of the brightest Star,

Could lift me up straight to the sky.

Hopefully the moon goddess will be

More compassionate next time.

Star typed the poem that was dancing around in her head as she woke up this morning; it wasn't her best, but she really needed to write it down and get rid of those horrible feelings.

In a way she was still on cloud nine, thanks to Ray. However the incident that happened last night had deeply affected her.

As she got up quietly, making sure not to wake Molly up, she made a mental note to call her grand -mother later during the day. She was the one taking care of Kade and as far as Star knew, her dad often visited Kade. She really needed to find the answers to her questions.

Star showered and left a note next to a sleeping Molly, and left the latter's house in a flash. As she walked down the street towards Ivan's house, her stomach erupted with growls. She just realised that she hadn't eaten anything since last night.

Star sighed and walked as quickly as possible because the air around her was threatening to freeze her to death. What a horrible weather; the previous winters were never so cold. This, is the result of climate change my friends- Star thought sarcastically.

In a matter of minutes, she reached Ivan's house. She knocked thrice on the door, as usual. Ivan's mom was the one who answered. She let Star in and thank the lord offered Star some breakfast.

After breakfast, the young girl sat in the living room, waiting for Ivan to wake up. She didn't blame him, it was 8 o'clock, which was pretty early for someone to wake up on a Sunday morning.

Star took out her phone and noticed missed calls from an unknown number, which she ignored. But she was delighted to see a message from Ray which was sent a few minutes ago. She could not help the blush that crept to her face.

She opened the message and blushed even more at the sight of the latter:

Ray

Hasn't even been a day and I'm already longing to see you, can't wait for Monday to come.

Btw be sure to bring your mysterious notebook, I haven't forgotten about it! ;)

Sent at 8.13 a.m

Star started panicking at the thought of Ray seeing all her poems. It would be a first time for Star, for no one had access to the notebook, other than herself. But in a way, she felt quite relieved, at least there would be someone with whom she could share her secrets.

Star typed in her text and sent it to the young man.

Star

I can't wait either :( I've never felt safer in anyone's arms before and as for the notebook we'll see :3

Sent at 8.15 a.m

Star seriously had no clue why, she had just said that she felt safe in his arms, well I was the truth, but she still mentally facepalmed herself. What was she thinking when she sent that?

Just as her phone vibrated to notify that Ray's message had been delivered, Ivan made his way into the living room.

"Yo!"

"Hey Iv," Star said and smiled at the latter.

Ivan plopped down next to her on the couch and leant his head on her shoulder.

"You're still thinking about Jeremiah, aren't you?" Star inquired.

"You're still thinking about Ray, aren't you?" Ivan replied sarcastically.

"Don't be such a prick Ivan," Star said, but still blushed and Ivan snorted.

"How about... Should we call Jeremiah?" Star said thoughtfully, already unlocking her phone to compose his number.

"Please, no," Ivan sighed.

"Well someone's got to make the first move! Are you guys going to ignore each other until the next century?"

"I'll probably wait a few more centuries, I guess."

"Iv, stop or else I'll punch you in the guts. Listen, do you love him?"

Ivan sighed.

"Okay, so you do love him. Hmm... Ivan you need to go see him and tell him about your feelings!"

"No," Ivan deadpanned.

"Stop being such a stubborn idiot! The guy is probably terrified and is scared to come face to face with you, you should really go find him and try to have a serious talk with him."

"You're probably right-"

"Of course I'm right," star uttered, which made Ivan chuckle.

"Yeah I think I'll go confront him tomorrow, 'cause he's first of all my best friend and I don't want to lose him in any case," Ivan said desperately.

"Hey stop being so pessimistic, everything will be fine. We both know Jeremiah and his fear of feelings. Just talk to him, give a big wet kiss and it will all be okay!"

They both laughed at the last words and the two best friends didn't see time fly as they talked and hung out for most of the day.

In the afternoon, Star headed home, because she really needed new clothes and she really had to call her grandma as soon as possible.

And of course, respond to Ray's text message!

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey my lovelies! Hoped you liked this chappie <3

Expect loads of drama and lots of Ray in the next chapter! :3

Do leave some votes and comments, so that i know if you're liking the story so far.

Lush you all. <3

Stella. xx