20. A kiss & a Notebook

When Star entered the house, she was met a lethal silence. She figured that her mom was not home again. She peered into the kitchen and saw that the dog's bowl was half filled. Star let out a sigh and ran up the stairs.

Her room was exactly in the state she had left it the previous night. She got some fresh clothes out the wardrobe, had another shower and changed. She applied her usual foundation and lip gloss combo and brushed her hair in a pony tail.

The young girl sat down and stared at her phone, contemplating whether she should call Ray or her grand-mother. Without thinking twice she dialled her grandma's number.

"Hello," the voice of the old lady rung through the phone and Star shivered. She was hearing her grandma's voice probably after a year or two.

"Grandma?" Star uttered.

"Star! Is that you? Oh darling, I missed you so much! I-" Star could feel the enthusiasm in the latter's voice as she started babbling about how much she missed her grand-daughter.

"Yeah it's me; I missed you too grand ma... it's been a while since we last talked."

"Yes my darling, too long. How are you?

"I'm quite fine grandma..." Star trailed off. She didn't know why, maybe it was a way of protecting herself, but she just kept pushing people out of her life. Well, Star was not always like this, it only started when her dad left.

"Star darling, Kade really misses you. He's a very quiet kid, but whenever he talks to me, it's always about you."

Star's tears threatened to fall down. She wiped them off and the only word that came out of her mouth was:

"Really?"

The young did really miss her brother. She had taken care of him until their parents' divorce a few years ago. The separation of Kade had really taken a toll on her, but of course, she always kept everything to herself.

"Of course! Why would I lie to you darling! Do come home someday Star," Her grandma almost pleaded.

"Yes I will, I'll try to come during the week, promise."

"Alright honey, I hope to see you in a few days," Star could almost feel the smile in her grandma's voice.

Star hung up and lied down on her bed. The young girl and meditated on the recent events that arose in her life. She sighed and stared at the ceiling.

After a few minutes, she came back to her senses and had a look at her phone. Ray's messaged caught her attention. She felt bad for not replying him earlier, but then again she really had to talk to her grand-mother.

Ray

You are the cutest thing :D <3

Sent at 8.16 a.m

Star blushed when she read the next; she blushed even more when she noticed the second text.

Ray

Hey! Are you busy today? I mean... we could hang out?

Sent at 9.23 a.m

At this point Star began panicking. How come she hadn't seen his text earlier! She took a deep breath and typed in her reply saying that she would love to. Ray's message came almost instantly.

Ray

Great... should I pick you up in some 30 minutes?

Sent at 10.35 a.m

Star replied and as she was getting off the bed she received a text from Ivan saying that he was heading to Jeremiah's house and Star wished him good luck, trying to reassure him.

*

At eleven sharp, Ray arrived. Star rushed down the stairs, almost breaking all her bones and limbs, but then ran back up to take her notebook. She stared at the latter and stood still for quite some time. It was finally time to share some of her secrets with someone. Finally someone was going to see what she always wrote about.

Ray suddenly honked and Star snapped back into reality. She, once again, ran downstairs. She clutched her notebook to her chest and walked briskly, in the cold weather, towards Ray's car. She opened the door and slipped into the car. The warm air of the heater engulfed her.

"Hi," Star didn't even realize that she had closed her eyes. She opened them and turned to her right. She blinked twice, just to make sure she wasn't dreaming, and saw Ray smiling down and staring at her.

"Hi," she said, losing herself in his wonderful green eyes, she could even drown in them for all she cared.

"Can I get a kiss?"

"What?"

"A kiss?" Ray answered looking at the confused young girl.

"Yeah!" Star almost shouted.

"Okay?"

"Yeah," Star said again. She was about to say something but was cut off when warm, soft lips touched hers.

She stopped thinking about everything and lost herself in the kiss. It was soft, pure and just amazing.

She whined when Ray moved away and the latter chuckled. Star blushed and stared down at her knees.

"You brought your notebook! I can't believe this!" Ray sounded so excited.

"Yeah I did," Star said, smiling at him. In a way she felt relieved, she really didn't know why though.

"Good, let's get to my place so that I can finally have a look at this oh so secret notebook," Ray said laughing lightly as he started the car.

A blush crept to her cheeks and ears as they headed towards the young man's place.

________________________________

A/N LMAO I'm laughing at how awkward Star is 😂

Well anyways hope you liked it, I'm SO excited for the next chapter. It will be up tomorrow.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Lush you all. ❤️

Stella. xx