11. A ride home

*smirks mischievously* niahahahaha
You guys missed Ray right... hmmmmmmmmm...

Oh well,

Enjoy :)

*******************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~******************

After the next class, which was history- class of Mr Anthony- and which she dreaded, Star looked around trying to find either Molly or Ivan, but there was no one in view.

Molly was probably already in the arms of Sam and Ivan must have left school already.

She sighed, walking quickly towards the exit. She hugged her book tightly in her arms, trying miserably to protect herself from the freezing air around.

Her shoes slapped noisily against the solid pavement, her fingers trembled as she gripped her sides, walking even faster if that was possible.

She only wanted to be home; at least it would be warmer there.

Just as she turned around the corner, a car honked, catching her attention. Memories of last night's dream flashed back and she stood still, already fearing the worst.

The car stopped by and she noticed the driver's face and she immediately blushed. She looked at the pair of green eyes, the lowered her head down, praying that her red cheeks weren't too visible.

"Star", he said. Her name coming off his tongue, sounding more than heavenly.

"Hey Ray", she mumbled still staring at the ground.

"Want me to drive you home?"

She could almost feel the smirk on his face as he spoke to her.

"No... No, it's fine, it's close really.. I mean-"

"C'mon get in, your house is like some 15 minutes away and you look like a frozen Eskimo"

She blushed again, feeling the heat rush to her ears. She gave a simple nod. She really could not form any words right now. She ran to the other side and got into the passenger's seat, clutching at her belt, almost fighting with it just to plug it in.

Could this be even more embarrassing?

Ray chuckled as he bent down a little, pulling her belt and plugging it in easily and then proceeded to ignite the engine.

"You're such a dork sometimes", he said, a smile still plastered to his face.

A dork? Was she a dork? Was that a bad thing to him? ...

"Why are you being so quiet, you're usually always talking" he said, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Hey! That's not true!" She protested, then slumped down in her seat when she realized how loud she was. It was true though, she was never able to master her courage to speak out and loud when Ray was around.

Ray laughed out loud, grinning at her before pulling over. She wondered why he had stopped here, they were still a few houses away from hers.

Nevertheless she just contemplated his perfect facial features, wondering ever so slightly how such a nice and perfect human being could exist.