10. Reminiscing

Hello, ready for a new chapter?

Aha,

Enjoy ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Star woke up abruptly from a nightmare. Sweat dribbling down her forehead, sticky palms. She threw off her covers and stood shakily in front of her mirror.

She looked like she hadn't been sleeping since ages; red puffy eyes, paled cheeks, disheveled hair and red nose.

Memories of that horrible nightmare came back to her, almost giving her a head ache.

Someone was butchering her. The knife was covered in blood. The man's hand soaking red. His erratic breath on her face while she tried so hard to push him away.

He continued pumping the knife in her. It was becoming harder for Star to breathe. The atmosphere around her was turning into what seemed like the insides of hell.

The cars passed by, honking every time. They never stopped. Her throat ached, for, she had been screaming for help for so long now.

Yet she was still alive, but the pain was slowly taking away her life.

Another car passed by and the headlights showed the face of her murderer.

Her dad took the knife out and got ready to plunge it again. She stopped and stared at his features, thinking about how he could be doing this to his own daughter. His face was covered in blood, her blood. His bloodshot eyes and Cheshire smile scaring the hell out of her.

"Stop! Stop!" She screamed all over again. He was about to plunge the knife into her chest once more when, she woke up from this massacre.

"He's not here, he's not even here, stop panicking."

She picked her towel and went straight to the bathroom, not even checking the time. She spent what felt like 10 hours in the shower, but got our feeling much better. At least she wasn't fearing for her life right now.

She got dressed quickly, combing her hair and putting on her beanie to hide the hell of a mess she had on her head, snatched her backpack from her bed and ran downstairs.

She didn't even bother checking if her mother was here or not. She quickly opened the door and practically ran to school.

She really wanted to get away from this house today and school was her only escape.

The air was getting more and more chilly with time and while rushing out in the morning, she had forgotten to take a jacket.

She grabbed her sides and walked rapidly towards the gates of the school.

.

She headed straight to her lockers and took all her stuff, before fraying her way among the the crowd of students.

She spotted Molly and Sam near the bleachers. Without even thinking twice, she threw herself in the arms of her best friend. Grabbing Molly's pullover so hard she almost tore it.

Molly hugged her desperate friend tightly in her arm and whispered soft reassuring words in the latter's ear.

"I'll see you latter Sam." she said before pulling Star on one of the benches.