Chapter Twenty-Five: Will

A/N: I've been writing so much lately, I think I might have sprained my wrist. Does that stop me from writing? No. No, it does not. 

***

Kidnap My Heart

Chapter 25: Will

“Damn it, Rage!” I yelled, jumping away from the hot water.

Forcing Emma to sit in the bathroom while I took a shower seemed like a good idea at first. I could’ve told Eric to keep an eye on her, but that just didn’t seem as fun as forcing her to stay with me. I was technically just following my dad’s orders. He’d told me to keep her by my side 24/7, and that was exactly what I was doing.

That is, it seemed like a good idea until Emma decided she needed to entertain herself. She spent the entire time flushing the toilet to scald me while I was in the shower. Just when I thought she’d finally gotten bored of hearing me scream, she’d flush the toilet and scald me again.

Needless to say, I cut that shower short. I was pissed off, but with the plans for that day whirring in my head, the anger wasn’t all-consuming. Emma would regret every prank she’d ever played on me—especially the haunting one—after I pulled the ultimate prank.

I waited five days to put my plan to action. I’d made the mistake of telling her I was going to get her back for what she’d done, and she was expecting something to happen. I was hoping to catch her off guard by waiting five days. If it had been up to me, I would’ve pulled something the very day I found out about her prank, but that wouldn’t have tasted as sweet as catching her completely off guard for once.

But the wait was finally over. Today was the day. But the plan wouldn’t work if Eric and I couldn’t convince Emma to play Truth or Dare with us and Taylor. And for that to happen, I had to keep my cool—even though my entire body was burning and I looked like Mr. Krabs, not Squilliam Fancypants. I still didn’t understand why Emma liked calling me that. She was pretty weird sometimes.

I stuck my hand out after I finished showering, and Emma handed me a towel. I would’ve just climbed out and grabbed it myself, but like I said, I had to play things cool. Emma wasn’t okay with me doing that.

As soon as I climbed out, clad in only a towel, Emma started laughing. That generally wasn’t the reaction you wanted to incite in a girl when you were half naked. I preferred swooning and staring, not laughter. “You look like a Peruvian puff pepper,” she said between her chuckles.

I looked down and swore under my breath. My entire torso had turned a pale shade of red. I swore even louder when I felt heat creep onto my neck and face. Instead of replying with some clever comment, I said, “Shut up,” and walked out.

Smooth, Will. Smooth.

After I finished changing and we all had dinner—cooked by yours truly—Eric suggested playing Truth or Dare. I knew Emma wouldn’t have gone for it if it’d suggested it. She trusted Eric more than she trusted me. She thought he was her accomplice—even though he’d pretty much betrayed her in the end—and wouldn’t suspect he had ulterior motives.

“I don’t know…” Sniffles trailed off slowly. “Last time I played Truth or Dare with Emma around… I can’t even talk about it.”

I immediately looked over at Emma. Guess I wasn’t the only one who took these games too far. I wasn’t sure why I was so impressed by this tiny tidbit of information. Maybe because it surprised me every time I realized we had things in common. I mean, we should’ve been as different as night and day. She was a spoiled rich girl with the world at her fingertips, and I was a penniless guy with a vague future. Who would’ve thought we were so alike?