Chapter 30

Jordan pov

We sat there waiting on our names to be called. Today is the day I can finally say fuck NYU.

"Jordan Collins." I literally could hear my mom over all the noise. She's so extra.

I walked across the stage and grabbed my degree in accounting. A bitch about to be lit with this one.

"Smile baby girl." My dad was damn near on stage trying to take my freaking picture. They had to escort him back to his seat. Poor dad.

I remember the days I couldn't pay those fools to stay home because of that dangerous ass job.

"Why do we have to leave Chicago? I like it here." I whined.

"We have missions J Bug." My mom pinched my little cheeks.

*
I saw the tears in Amir's eyes and knew his heart was broken. I hugged him and felt like I wasn't going to see him again. Boy was I wrong.

I looked out there at him and saw a smirk upon his big pink lips. He had his thick glasses on that made him look lame. I thought he looked sexy.

I smiled at my life. It's all coming together.

I politely walked back to my seat and smiled with a wave of relief. I made it.

Felix pov

My palms are sweating. My life is about to begin as this big scientist. I'm kind of scared. Why? I mean I really can't believe I am earning a degree so fast.

"Felix Daniels." The sound of my name being called made my ears ring. I looked around and saw people cheering but heard nothing.

I stood up and instantly heard my name being yelled by everyone.

"Felix! Fe! FeFe!" I heard it all. I held my head high and made that stage mine.

I took my Biology degree and shook the presidents hand. This is a dream come true.

Do you know how hard this journey was for me? There were days I didn't think I would still be in school.

Other days I just lost my will power and my grades showed it. But then there were days when I thought about my future kids and how proud I want them to be of me.

"Ouch Duke!" I cried out. He continued hitting me and kicking me. My life is over.

My pretty face will never be the same.

At a point I would have cried about those memories but now that's all they are. Memories. I've became way more than what Duke thought I was.

I looked up and saw Jordan's dad almost on the stage. Oh yea they about to put him out.

But hey, I made it.

I made it finally.

Keith pov

I watched Felix receive her diploma and I was so proud of her. She looked content now. She don't have to be up mixing chemicals and making me nervous in the process.

She can-

"Keith Gordon." That name sounded very legit. Legit enough to let me get drafted into the NBA for the San Antonio Spurs.

My teammates, my fans, my family, they all went crazy for me. I walked up there like the man I knew I was and got my degree in Business. It may come in handy one day.

I looked up in the stands and saw my mom and right next to her was baby Austin. He wasn't so much of a baby anymore though.

That's my lil buddy right there. I took care of him like a son.

" stop crying." I cried as I rocked him. He kept crying in my arms.

I'm too young for this. I need my mom just like any other teenager.

I looked down at him and I swear he looked up at me. We both stopped crying and just sat on the floor in my empty apartment.

I dried the tears from my face and looked up at my mom and Austin. I kissed my index and middle finger and threw it up at them.

That's my world.

Carly pov

This is all so extra to me but I mean I'm happy I made it. I thought this wouldn't be my lifestyle but I mean it is and I had the chance to share it with some great friends.

"I'm Carly." I spoke as I saw the boy struggling to take a box in the house.

I smiled at Amir as he sat there patiently for his name.

"I don't like girls. But you're always my homie." Jordan threw her arms over my shoulders.

I looked over at her and saw her staring at the blessing she held in her hand.

"Carlynne Holmes." I didn't waste any time like my friends before me did.

Fuck you mean? I worked too hard to hesitate to get up.

They screams didn't have my attention as much as the degree in my presidents hands.

"Carly!" I looked up and saw my dad and Josh sitting together.

I ignored all things around me as I grabbed my degree in physical therapy. A bitch on now.

One love.

Amir pov

Lord knows I've been through things. Jordan leaving me then coming back. Georgia with the baby scare. Josh taking Jordan from me. My mom having to move us to New York. My friends falling apart and connecting again. And then my tumor.

But I still managed to be sitting here today to earn something I worked so hard for.

"Amir Jackson." They said. I stood up slowly and took my time walking up there.

"That's my baby!" My mom yelled. I smiled as I got me degree in physical therapy. It felt good. I felt alive.

I looked out there at Jordan and she had this content smile upon her lips. She winked and blew a air kiss. I smiled and went back to my seat.

And the next chapter of our lives are here. Just remember us.