Chapter 22

Pic of Nia

Carly pov

We've been back at school for about two weeks now and I'm ready for graduation. The stress is ten times more on a senior during their last semester. Why though? Damn they want us to pass right? I'll fucking sell drugs. They don't know me.

"What's on your mind?" Jordan asked me as she laughed. I had zoned out real fast.

We were sitting in her apartment discussing our graduation party. Felix continued writing down plans like the control freak she was.

"Nothing." I shrugged. Her ring damn near blinded me. I wonder how Amir paid for something so nice. I mean he made sure J had the finest ring in New York.

"Well what would you like to bring to the party Ms. I don't do parties?" Felix said as she tapped her pen on the table.

"I'll bring me dope as personality." I laughed with Jordan. Felix rolled her eyes and continued writing.

"Yo I got to bounce. I'll catch y'all on the yard later." I told them. I left out the apartment and headed towards my apartment building. I'm beyond ready to leave this place so I can start my life. I think I'm staying in New York too. I mean there are so many opportunities here.

Josh and I are actually becoming closer. He's like the boyfriend I never had. He's sweet towards me but I don't trust him all the way in Kentucky. Especially when he's the star basketball player. Girls are probably all over him.

I approached my building and saw a girl standing there on the steps frowning down at her phone. I ignored her and walked up the steps.

"Hey shorty." She called at me once I got to the top of the steps.

"My name ain't shorty, shorty." I had to let her know before she got comfortable.

"My fault. We say that in Milwaukee." She said. I really don't care so I turned and walked in my building. I could hear her following behind me.

"You not gone ask for my name Carlynn?" The girl asked. I froze in my steps and turned to her.

"How you know my name?" I asked her.

"I see you around on campus. I like your style." She smiled at me.

She was a cute girl but I'm trying to do right. It's hard to fight this urge to date girls. Her soft brown skin looked mesmerizing. She had long black hair down her back and a small figure that fit her just right. Her eyes were light brown and her smile was out of sight.

She had her Nike hat low on her head so you could barely see her perfect face but I saw right through that shadow.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Nia." She smiled and her teeth were perfect. It caused me to smile a little bit.

"What do you want Nia?" I asked.

"To be your girl." She answered too quickly for my liking.

"Look... I'm seeing someone right now." I told her. Her smile slowly faded and she looked down at the ground. She tucked her hands into her Nike sweatpants and played with the change in her pockets.