Chapter 23

Amir POV

I tried another shot and missed. I was tripping at this point. I missed five open shots in a row! I don't normally do that!

I snatched my T shirt off and grabbed the ball again. I dribbled it a couple of times before attempting to lay it up. It spun around the rim and fell off the edge. My teammates stared at me like I was sick or something.

"Amir I need to see you in my office, NOW!" Coach yelled across the court.

"What's up B? You tweaking or something?" Keith asked me.

"Bro I don't know what's going on. I'm doing everything right." I shook my head. I held my head in the process because it started to hurt. This wasn't normal for me. I never miss.

"Yea everything but shooting, kid." Keith said. I smacked my lips and ran to coach's office.

I never got called to his office. The last guy that got called to his office was Rory Spinks. Rory was the All-American point guard. He never got off the bench again. I don't want to be like Rory.

"Sup coach." I swung in the door.

"Sit your ass down Amir." He pointed to the chair in front of his desk. I sighed as I took a seat. He looked pissed off too. His light skin was now red as a pepper.

"I do something wrong?" Now why did I ask such a dumb question? He looked like he wanted to slap me.

"Amir if I could I would slap the shit out of you! What's going on out there? First you come to practice late and then you put no effort in when you're here. You're acting like you don't love this sport anymore. You know the Bulls are looking at you. This can give you a chance to play for your hometown." Coach said.

To be honest I don't know why my skills just up and changed. Maybe I didn't get enough sleep.

"Coach I'm trying. But I also have a life outside of this. I have a wife I have to keep happy and-"

"Basketball is your wife until you get in the league." Coach cut me off. I stared at him. Spaulding may be his wife but Jordan is mine.

"Look here you ungrateful bastard... I brought this school multiple championships since I been here and never have I complained. And I come to one practice and miss five shots and I have to get a damn meeting! I've had to deal with keeping my grades up to keep this scholarship and still maintain to hit a bucket every second of the game! I don't get paid for this shit! And for you to practically tell me to dedicate my life to basketball is selfish. My life has been basketball since my freshman year! I've held this team together while you sat back and did shit!" I got up and stormed out leaving him to look stupid.

When I walked back to the court everyone was quiet and staring at me.

"Yo Mir. No you did not just snap on George like that." Keith said in disbelief.

"Y'all can kiss his ass but I won't no more. He's selfish and he's only thinking about himself." I grabbed my Nike bag and left.

Fuck the Bulls at this point. If I don't go pro it's only because it wasn't meant to be. Not because I went off on coach. And if them fools knew any better they would start letting his ass know too. We've been going through the same bullshit for four years! That shit gets old.

"Hey baby. You got a girl?" A soft voice whispered in my ear.

"Hoe watch out." I told her and kept walking.

"Mir!" She snapped. I turned to a surprised Jordan. I kind of laughed at how she was looking.

"Baby I ain't know it was you. Come here." I pulled her in and kissed her.