Chapter 24

*Carly*

Amir pov

I lied on the couch with my head wrapped in a bandage and my fiancé cooking something that smelled great. I had surgery last week and they removed a tumor from my brain. They almost killed me but god was on my side. Now I have to learn to walk, talk, and read again.

So much for basketball. The doctors told me if I even got so much as bumped on the basketball court I can hurt myself. So here I am being useless while my fiancé cooks for me. She don't want a damn child. She wants a man.

"Here you go baby." She placed a plate of spaghetti in front of me. She knew that was my favorite. I reached to pick up my fork but my body went numb and my arm hit the plate causing it to hit the floor.

"Oh baby..." Jordan quickly fell to the floor to get the mess. I slightly cried as I watched her get the mess up. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out.

"I-I." I stuttered. She looked up at me with curious eyes.

"Huh?" She asked. I tried getting up told walk but my balance got shaky. I put one step forward and fell down on the ground next to her.

"Mir stop trying to be super man!" She snapped. I sat on the floor next to her as she stared in my face. She's going to get tired of me. She needs a strong man. I looked down at her ring and back at her.

"I love you." She kissed my lips and helped me up.

The doctors had to cut a big patch of my hair off on the left side to proceed with the surgery. All I remember is them telling me to count down from 10. I didn't make it past 8 with that gas.

" I'm gonna teach you all over again. Come on." She gave me the cane the doctors gave me and let me go. I put one foot forward and brought the other one forward.

" good baby." She smiled. I took another step but this time I wobbled a little but she caught me. I stood back up with my cane and tried it again. I took the first step towards her with ease. The next step was shaky but I took it. She moved back further.

"Come on baby." She said. I put the cane down and tried to walk straight.

"No Mir. You're trying to move too fast." She sat sat me back down on the couch and took the spaghetti into the kitchen. She came back with a book in her hand.

"I'm going to teach you how to read again." She opened The Cat In The Hat. I'm so grateful for this lady.

"I'm gonna read it and point to each word. I want you to attempt to pronounce the words." She kissed my forehead and began reading.

I opened my mouth and it sounded like I was mentally challenged. I tried and but it was an epic fail.

"It's alright." She closed the book and wrapped her arms around me and held me. I felt loved with her.

Knock knock

Jordan slowly let me go and went to answer the door. In walked Carly with a big smile on her face. She held my favorite candy, starburst.

I vaguely remember her crying by my side more than I remember anything else. That vision haunts me a lot.

"C-C-car." I muttered as I tried to get up to hug her but she sat me back down.

"I'm happy to see you too buddy." She smiled and hugged me. She was smelling like marijuana as usual.

"Yyy-you k?" I managed to get a sentence out. Well... kinda. She smiled and rubbed the spot where my patch was on my head.

"Hell yea I'm okay baby. I been trying to get some work done so we can graduate in two weeks." She cheerfully danced around. I hope I be in a good enough shape for graduation.

"So what are you guys doing after graduation? Y'all moving back to Chiraq?" She asked Jordan. HELL NO! I hope Jordan don't think we moving back. We staying right here in New York.

The Bulls have no future with me and I have no reason to go back there.

My career is done. It's really done. My eyes started getting watery as I thought about how I was the goat in high school. And this stupid tumor had to ruin my life!

Tears were now rolling down my face. Carly and Jordan didn't notice because they were too busy talking.

I might as well be dead....

Keith pov

Felix rubbed me down in icy hot as I came in my crib from practice. Of course I give my girl a key just in case she wants to clean up or cook for me.

"That's fucked up about Amir. I don't even like to see him." Felix said.

I don't talk about Mir much. That's my brother and I feel like a part of me got lost once this situation happened.

All he talks about is basketball and now there's no future for him in it. And when I did see him he almost looked paralyzed. I don't want to see that Mir.

I want to see the Mir that's shaking everybody on the court, fist fighting with Josh, and hugging Jordan with that big smile.

"Yo you heard from Josh?" I asked.

"Yea. Carly said that he couldn't come because of his schedule but he calls Mir all day everyday." Felix said as she got done rubbing me down.

"Think I should go see him?" I asked. I haven't seen Amir none. I rather not see him like that. But I don't want him to think I'm acting funny or don't care about him. I love Amir.

"Of course. It would brighten up his day. Plus I'm sure Jordan needs a break." She said as she sat in the center of the floor folding my towels. Felix is so weird.

"Felix what you doing!" I laughed.

"Trying to earn a ring like Jordan." She said.

Women