Chapter 8

•Josh•

Jordan POV

I sat on the student section watching Kentucky whoop our ass. More like Josh whooping our ass.

"I can't wait to talk to that lil chocolate boy." I heard a girl say while pointing at Josh. She was hot and ready.

"Thirsty." Libby laughed. In all honesty, I knew Josh talked to different girls because I talked to different boys. I can't be mad because I made the decision to come here.

But what I can stop is these sluts at NYU pushing up on him! They know me and him get down, so why they being disrespectful?

"I heard he reserved though." The girl's friend said.

"For who?!" She sounded like a hoe.

"For me!" I turned and saw it was Carly's girlfriend. I should have known Carly would be attracted to bitches that looked like me. This girl looked like my reflection.

"Don't worry about it. I'm gone tell Carly." Libby said.

"Tell Carly what? That her girlfriend, who is in an opened relationship, is cheating?" Mon laughed. Libby and I started watching the game.

"She not even close to being on our level. She not even grade A." Libby said with her nose turned up.

"That bitch almost got a grade A ass whooping." I said with a straight face but Libby laughed. I expected her to laugh since she laughs at everything else.

I watched Amir run the ball to half court and shoot it without a sound. The crowd went crazy for his shots.

"Go Mir!" The crowd yelled. That didn't do anything but motivate Josh. He jumped up and got the rebound and drove it down the court. His teammates did some blocking for him. That gave Josh the opportunity to dunk the ball in with no hesitation. When he came down, he came down all wrong.

His knee twist in this funny way that I didn't even know it could go. He bawled up holding his knee in pain. Everyone in the crowd was on their feet looking.

"I'll be back." I told

I was met by Keith, Mir, Carly, and Felix.

"Mir you okay?" Felix panicked.

"Mane get up and stop playing!" Mir snapped.

"Come on baby." I begged. We were all kneeling down talking to him.

"It's over! My career over!" He cried. The doctors and coaches moved us out the way so they could come to his rescue.

We stood there in total shock. We all knew how much basketball meant to Josh.

"So what now..." Keith looked at me.

"You can come back to my place." I made sure I put emphasis on you.

"Peep the shade." Carly mumbled. I watched them put Josh on a stretcher and carry him out.

"And Mya?" He asked.

"Yall must be fucking?" I whispered to him as we walked away leaving the rest of them to look crazy.

"Noooo. She not my type." He shook his head.

"What is your type? Them slutty girls?" I laughed and he smirked.

"Naw. I like them with a lil class. I just fuck hoes for the fun of it." He shrugged.

"I think I'm done giving your mom the rest of the money." I said.

I have been giving Keith's mom money here and there to pay my parents off. My parents don't know and I don't plan on them knowing. Even when Keith and I fell off I never stopped paying.

Now they say I've turned into a bitch. If I was a bitch I would stop giving her money and let my parents knock her off the map.

"Word? That was very kind of you." He said once we got outside.

"She didn't stop being my friend. Only her son did." I joked but it was the truth.

"About that.."

"Let's not kill the moment." I smirked. The ambulance pulled up backwards. The paramedic came rolling Josh out. My old friends came out behind them.

"Come to the hospital when they do my surgery." He told us before they put him in the back of the ambulance and drove off.

We all stood in the night air looking at each other.

"I ain't going nowhere with yall." Felix turned her nose up and crossed her arms.

"Like you the shit." Keith frowned.

"I'm driving my own car." Mir walked away.

"Come on Keith!" I ordered before walking away.

Amir POV

I was the first one to come to the hospital. They told me to wait in the waiting room.

After about ten minutes, Keith and Jordan came and sat on the opposite side as me. They both whispered and laughed with each other.

A few minutes later, Felix walked in with Carly following up behind her. Nobody say together nor talked to each other.

"No smoking in this area." The woman at the front desk told Carly. Carly mugged her before getting up and walking outside.

"Want to come back to my crib with Libby and I? My roommate won't mind." Jordan told Keith.

"Can I bring Mya? She be lonely a lot." He said.

"Sure. She seems cool." Jordan shrugged.

Carly soon walked back in with her girlfriend.

Keith and Jordan laughed at something Keith said.

"What'd you say?" Carly snapped.

"I said I fucked your bitch." Keith laughed. Jordan was holding her stomach from laughing so hard.

Carly didn't think it was funny. She walked towards them but Mon pulled her away.

"Don't listen to him, baby." She cooed in her ear.

"You need to fuck that bitch up for opening her legs to everybody." I said.

"Right. She a hoe." Felix said.

"A big hoe." Jordan chimed in.

Carly then turned to Mon.

"You really gone let these fake friends come between what we got?" Mon pleaded.

"Get the fuck out of here." Carly said. Mon smacked her lips and left. Carly came and sat next to me.

For a moment the atmosphere didn't have much tension. In fact, it was a comfortable atmosphere between us.