37. Nathan

Suddenly thrown back into reality, he found himself staring right back into those beautiful blue eyes, wide and seemingly lost into a state of utter shock, her delicate cheeks flushed as she looked up at him.

"Carina?" He tentatively whispered, his heart starting to pound a little faster as he could feel the tantalizing and feathery touch of her bare skin against his own with every breath, making him feel even more anxious as he took a quick look down between them, his own eyes widening upon noticing the state of their dressing -or rather lack thereof- the sight of her sexy and very naked body underneath his making him think about the worst.

"Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" He looked at her with angst and worry, immediately hearing her heart skip a beat.

"No, I'm...I'm fine," She was quick to say, her cheeks turning a deeper shade of red as she bashfully peered up at him.

"A-are you sure? I...I didn't..." He stammered with confusion, hurrying to release her from underneath him as he pushed himself back into a kneeling position, watching her quickly get up as well, her back pressing against the plushy headboard as she grabbed a pillow and placed it in between her legs, covering that naked part of her body as she tightly held it close to herself.

"Why didn't you listen?" He whispered with dejection, dragging a hand over his face as he kept wondering what happened before regaining control from his wolf.

"Why didn't you stay in that room like I told you to, Carina?" He looked back at her, his brows furrowing upon noticing the way she kept avoiding to look at him, that blush still coating her face.

"I...I was starting to feel sick again," She nervously bit her lip, taking a peek at him from the corner of her eye, becoming wider as she seemed to look at that lower part of him before she quickly averted her gaze again.

Oh. That.

He almost chuckled after receiving that reaction from her, glancing at his still swollen member before grabbing a side of the crumpled sheets lying on the bed and covering that part of him with it.

"You can look at me now," He announced, mirth lacing his tone as he watched her hesitate, taking but a few moments before finally daring to turn back her head and look at him.

"It's okay, Carina. I don't mind you looking at me. I've already told you that this is all yours and yours only anyway. You can look at whatever part of me you like, whenever you like. I don't mind. If anything, I actually like you appreciating my body. It makes me feel wanted by my mate," He sincerely said, meeting her wide and surprised gaze.

"How do you feel now? Do you still feel sick?" He asked after a moment, tilting his head as he tried to get a read of her body language and those sensations flowing through her.

She didn't reply, simply staring back at him as she seemed to have an internal struggle, her heavier breaths and increased pulse making him realize that she still felt it, very much so as he could notice the way her hands clenched and unclenched against that pillow, every time she took a furtive glance at his body.

"It's okay, just tell me what you need me to do," He gently coaxed her, offering her a warm and candid smile.

"Come...Just come closer," She nervously replied after a moment, blinking as she switched her gaze between his face and somewhere over the bed.

He could feel that straining tension and anxiousness bubbling up within her, making her feel so restless as he tentatively moved closer to her, holding that corner of the sheets over his lap as he sat in front of her.

She timidly looked back at him from between her lashes, tightly holding that pillow as she seemed to ponder and hesitate, her heartbeat only increasing as she suddenly pushed that pillow aside and sat on her knees, making his brows furrow with curiosity.