7. Black eyes

I did regret it.

I regretted the very moment I decided to defy him with all my being.

He did not stop there.

His cruel tormenting only continued, whenever I would find myself unfortunate enough to be alone and in his close proximity.

He would destroy my stuff, whisper gruesome threats in my ear if I even dared think about exposing his acts against me and even purposely distract me from any school-related stuff so that I couldn't concentrate and get bad grades.

Why?

I didn't know why.

All I knew was that he was a monster in every way and that he was deadass set on tearing me apart, piece by piece.

And oh boy how it was working.

I willed myself not to shed a single tear as I looked at my terribly cracked phone, reminiscing the way he'd forcefully ripped it away from my hands and destroyed it with his bare ones as I quietly sat in class and struggled to ignore what he was doing, acting like it was all just dandy and fine.

I threw it in my locker after a quiet sigh and closed the door, wasting but a single moment longer before heading to the gym as the girls were already there, in the changing room and waiting for me so we could start our practice.

I ran all the way there, putting on a fake and nice smile as I entered the locker room and greeted my girls.

"There she is!" Dre shouted out loud whilst throwing her hands in the air.

"Dude where were you? I tried to call you but it didn't ring I don't know why isn't it working!" She complained with a frown.

"Yeah I just kinda dropped my phone on my way out of the classroom and it's totally busted, now I have to get a new one," I lied with an eye-roll, walking past her and to my locker to retrieve my cheerleading outfit.

"Could you get any clumsier than that?" I heard her mockingly scold me as I threw my skirt and crop top over the wooden bench and sat down.

"Look who's talkin'," I threw back as I started taking off my boots, hearing the girls burst into a fit of giggles as they definitely knew what I was talking about.

Miss trippy.

"Eh-heh-heh!" She mimicked their laughter with a high-pitched voice, earning herself another round of laughs.

"By the way, I talked to him today, for the first time!" I heard Kayla excitedly say as I started taking off my clothes, quickly throwing her a curious look as I stopped mid-undressing.

"Who?"

"Christian," She rather timidly replied, noticing that faint blush tinting her light brown cheeks as she peered at me.

I pressed my lips into a thin line, just choosing to refrain myself from any comments as I already knew that no matter what I said, she was not going to let it go. Because that's who she was after all. Stubborn as fuck.

Once she had her mind set on anything or anyone, she would not stop until she'd gotten exactly what she wanted.

So, all I could do was just support her and love her, no matter what.