20. Prom night pt.3

"I know what it feels like," He quietly whispered in my ear, his arms still holding me in a vice grip as he leaned back to look into my eyes, his words causing me to stop struggling for a few moments.

What the fuck was that even supposed to mean?

I angrily looked up into his eyes, my breath coming out in loud and harsh pants and my tears long forgotten, drying out on my cheeks as I continued to watch him, noticing the way his gaze slowly slipped from my eyes to my lips and then lower, all the way to my heaving chest, staring like the fucking dog he was before his hungry gaze found my own again, expressing a side smirk as he purred,

"By the way, did I tell you how ravishing you look tonight?"

My god. He's fucking crazier than I thought.

"Just leave me alone already, will ya?" I grunted with an eye-roll, using all my might to finally break free and push him away.

"I can't," I passingly heard him say right after taking my first few steps past him, stopping in my tracks as I was about to turn back around and spew out my frustration at him again when the song playing in the background abruptly stopped, leaving behind a trail of silence.

"Mikayla Scott, stop breastfeeding your schoolmates, I know you have vodka in there!" I suddenly heard one of our supervising teachers blare through the speakers, earning herself a round of laughter and whistling as I watched Kayla break into a dash right past me whilst cackling like a damn hyena.

Figures.

My expression remained impassive, lightly shaking my head before remembering that I still had a very drunk baby sister I needed to haul back home.

Except that I need to find her first, I thought as I looked around for her, surprised to notice that she was actually nowhere in sight.

"Fuck,"

I hastily retrieved my phone from a concealed pocket I had in my dress, dialling her number as my feet carried me straight to where David was standing as soon as my gaze found him, keeping my phone close to my ear as I listened to it ring for a few times before she finally answered.

"What the hell, dude? Where the fuck are you?" I angrily shouted at the phone before she could even say anything.

"Hey, she's okay she's perfectly safe, I swear! I will bring her back home," My eyes widened at the sound of that relatively familiar voice, hearing my sister drunkenly laugh in the background like the dumb asshole she was before the call suddenly ended.

My gaze met David's, noticing the apologetic smile tugging at his lips as he warmly looked at me.

"Don't worry, she's telling the truth. Your sister is safe, I promise. Estefany will not hurt her," He calmly said, his words though making me feel so frustrated and confused at the same time.

"Why do you guys keep saying that?" I whined out loud, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Because she's actually in love with her, Care. Estefany is in love with Dre," He simply replied, so quiet and sincere, the sound of his absurd statement though creating an even stronger sense of frustration and annoyance bubbling up from within me.

"What? They barely even know each other! How could she-" My train of thought abruptly derailed as those last words I just heard only minutes ago coming out of Satan's mouth suddenly popped at the forefront of my mind, making my eyes go wide from the staggering shock.

I know how she feels. I know what it feels like.

But...It didn't make any sense!

I unconsciously took two steps back, accidentally stepping on the hem of my dress and about to unceremoniously land on my ass when my back suddenly collided against something warm first before a pair of hands took ahold of my waist and steadied me.