30. Forgive me

Silence fell around them like a thick blanket, the sounds of her heavy breaths and pumping heart being the only ones reaching his sensitive hearing as they stood there, away from each other for what felt like an entire eternity.

His gaze followed the outline of her body, taking in the way she'd so boldly positioned herself, from the way her thin and tanned legs stood slightly spread apart and all the way to that perky ass that curved upwards in an obvious call for attention, making him want nothing more than just to sink his teeth into it. His tongue instinctually darted out to lick his dried lips before his eyes continued to greedily take her in, trailing over the curve of her back and that bared shoulder, her luscious brown hair cascading over the other one as she leaned over the sink.
Looking through the mirror, he couldn't refrain himself from taking another peek at her cleavage too, admiring those two perfectly round mounds hugged by her black laced bra.

He had to admit that even though she was relatively short and thin, she did not lack in any department. She was just perfect.

Goddess, she's so beautiful. And I can't even believe that she's mine, was the first thought that went through his mind before his gaze finally settled on her face, meeting her reddened and lifeless eyes.

And that I fucked up so fucking badly...Was the thought that immediately followed, his jaw clenching as he continued to look at that broken expression on her delicate face.

I've ruined her. I fucking ruined her. That inner voice kept shouting inside of him, making him feel so much pain and despair.

He was desperate. Desperate to do anything to fix it, or at least try to...

He had to try, for his own sanity and hers too, for the sake of their future relationship, if they were ever meant to have one...

No... He refused to continue that last train of thought, stubbornly refusing to even think about a future without her by his side, or even worse...

No! He thickly swallowed, shaken by those grim and intrusive thoughts. And with a bout of agony, he reached out through the bond in an attempt to get a read of what she was currently feeling whilst his legs immediately moved on their own accord, carrying him closer to her.

He could hear the way her heart-rate quickly went up in response to his sudden closeness, banging with urgency as he stopped right behind her, their bodies almost touching.

He could feel the warmth of her sweet little ass so close to his thighs, his gaze falling onto her face through the mirror, noticing that her eyes were already closed.

Her breathing rate increased as well, her body giving away the slightest tremor as he dared to gently place his hand over her hip, instantly receiving that bout of fear and uncertainty that coursed through her being.

Fuck. He almost cursed out loud, blown away by those strong feelings whilst his own heartbeat went up, not even sure if that gut-wrenching misery he was currently feeling was actually his or hers.

However, one thing was for sure. She was scared. She was scared that he would actually do it.

She was so scared of him and what he could do to her if he would've actually decided to just take what she was currently offering.

And that was exactly what pained him the most.

"No...please don't be afraid of me," He quietly voiced out, hurt to notice the way her delicate hands were balled into fists as she held them over the sink as if preparing herself to feel pain before he grabbed her upper arm and coaxed her to stand straight, pressing her back against his front.

"I know that you don't trust me, and that I did so many things to hurt you," He softly said, watching those tears starting to fall again over her cheeks, her eyes still closed as he gingerly wrapped his arms around her small frame in a protective embrace.

"And for that I am so sorry, Carina. I'm sorry for every single word and every single action I did with the purpose of hurting you..." He said with dejection, his wolf whining in pain from within as he could feel every negative emotion she was feeling through the bond.
She let out a heart-wrenching whimper, making him hug her a little tighter and place a soothing kiss over the top of her head.

"I know that I'm a fucking idiot, and that I did so many bad things to you," He continued, listening to her small sobs and whimpers as she slowly broke down and started to cry even harder, tightly holding her to his chest.

"But I'm not the monster you think I am. And I will prove it to you," He swore with conviction, holding her against him as if she'd disappear if he'd ever let go, feeling her become a little heavier -well, as heavy as a girl her height and weight could be, for a werewolf of his size and build- her delicate hands tightly gripping his arm as she held onto him too and cried her heart out, until her seriously overwrought body and mind finally gave in and she collapsed in his arms with a tired sigh.