21. Heat

I startled at the sound of David's scary voice, grabbing a fistful of Nathan's shirt as another wave of heat washed over me, this one lasting a little longer than the first one.
I could hear my own heartbeat pounding in my ears, drumming in tune with my heavy breaths as I panted like some tired animal, letting out a pained mewl as soon as my lower stomach started to hurt again.

"She's not even your real soulmate, is she? You only want her now because she inherited the gene," I could hear David blabbering in the background with an angry voice, my tired and hazy gaze raising to watch him pace around before stopping to look down at us, dragging a hand over his face.

"How could I be so stupid to believe your lies?"

"And to think that I actually believed that you could change,"

"You will never change! You will always be this cold, heartless bastard that only does things for his own gain!"

The sound of my own pained moan abruptly interrupted David's wrathful speech, powering through another wave of heat as I grabbed Satan's shirt with both hands now, gazing up into his eyes as I breathlessly spewed out,

"I...don't understand what's going on here...and why you're fighting...but I'm tired..."

"I want you both out of here..."

I did want them both out of my room. I was tired and hurting like hell, and I didn't even know what was happening to me but what I did know was that I just wanted to be alone right then. I didn't even wanted them to help me, I didn't even wanted to hear another word coming from their mouths. I just wanted to be alone.

"Carina, you-"

"I said, leave me alone!" I swiftly cut him off as he didn't seem to get through that thick head of his what I really wanted, his features though remaining impassive as he rather worriedly gazed down at me.

Hmph. As if he would actually care. Oh no. You don't fool me, mister.

"I can't. You will only feel worse if I leave you now,"

"I don't care!" I angrily shouted back, lightly tugging at his shirt for emphasis.

"I am sick of you! You and your crazy, fucked-up bullshit! Don't you understand? I want out of this, this mess! I want you out of my sight, out of my life! I don't care about whatever sick, fucked-up vows my father did! He's not here anyway, is he?"

"So you, and my father, can take those vows and shove them up your ass! I will never be yours, no matter what you say or do! I am not bound to you! I refuse whatever this is, whatever is this shit you did to me! I can and I will fuck or marry whoever I want, comprendes?"

"Now get out!" I shoved at his chest with all my might as I was really starving for some distance, harshly breathing as I pushed myself further away from him and sat on my own on the floor, noticing the way they both looked at me for a moment, neither of them saying anything or moving a single muscle, for that matter.

"Carrie? Is everything okay in there?"

Oh great. Just what I needed right now.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, mentally cursing myself as I realized that I must've shouted out pretty loud.

"Yes mom, I was just talking on the phone! Sorry if I woke you up!" I shouted back at her as I turned my head towards the door, hoping that she will buy it and go away.

"Are you sure?"

Argh, fuck! Why can't she just leave me alone?

"Yeah!" I looked back from the door, surprised to notice that they were actually both gone now, so I pushed myself off of the floor with whatever strength left in me and wobbled my way to the door as I definitely knew that she will not leave me alone until I let her see the inside of my room.