12. The runaway

Shock.

All he could feel was that freezing and speechless-rendering shock as he looked at her one last time, watching how those tear-filled large blue eyes widely stared up at him as she slid closer to the floor and sat down, trying to make herself look as small as possible as she protectively held a hand over that still bleeding wound between her neck and collarbone.

Shit. What the fuck did I just do?

Marked her. You just marked your destined soulmate, dumbass.

His consciousness spat back at him, making him roar with anger and desperation. And with a furious swipe he knocked over a few items from the counter behind him, making his soulmate scream and cower in utter fear.

Fuck.

His nostrils flared, giving her another look before he turned around and stalked through the house straight towards her front door, closing it behind him with a loud bang.

He couldn't care less about someone seeing him like that in that specific moment as he started running as fast as he could, having one, single destination in his mind. The forest.

So many thoughts ran through his mind at the same pace, bringing him to the brink of madness.
He couldn't believe it. He had found his soulmate. His destined soulmate. His weakness.

And now she was linked to him. Forever. With no possible means of breaking the bond.

"Fuuuck!" He roared out loud, not even caring that he still had those shorts on as he entered the tree-line faster than a bullet and shifted mid-air, breaking out into a long and pained howl.

He dashed through the woods and ran as fast as he could, after so many years finally letting it all out.

The pain, all that anger...

**

"Fuck..." I hissed in pain as I gently dabbed at the wound with a piece of cotton soaked in disinfectant, staring at my actions through the mirror.

That haunting image of his gleaming black eyes and his inhuman canines dipped in my own blood kept appearing at the forefront of my mind every time I dared close my eyes for a moment, making me feel so tortured.

He was a fucking psycho, that was for sure. A fucking psycho monster.

And I'll be damned if I waste another moment in this shitty town, waiting for him to just come and finish me off.

I thought with conviction while slapping a band-aid big enough to cover every inch of my wound then exited my bathroom and went straight for the closet, taking out two small suitcases.

Fuck this shit. Fuck this town.

I opened my dresser first and started taking out everything I needed; socks, underwear and bras before moving back to the closet and starting to pick some clothes.

"Care-bear? Oh my god what the fuck happened?" I suddenly heard my sister shouting from somewhere downstairs, no doubt having already seen that mess in the kitchen as the rushed thudding of her footsteps kept growing louder and louder until the door to my room burst open, revealing a very distraught-looking Andrea.

"Care, what the hell-Oh my god what happened?" She asked as soon as she noticed the totally wrecked state I was in and that large band-aid covering my neck.

"Wait, what are you doing?" She changed her question as her gaze fell on the suitcases.

"Leaving, Dre. I'm leaving. I don't care where or how but I'm leaving," I cryptically replied, earning myself a completely lost look from her.