36. The wolf

"I'm...I was just..." My breath hitched in my throat as I could feel his burning hot and wet hand caress the outside of my thigh, going upwards underneath my oversized t-shirt and stopping at my waist, my body shuddering again at the incredible feel of his touch.

Oh my god. How could it feel so fucking good? How was it even possible?

"I know, little mate. You feel it again, don't you? You feel it again and it hurts, doesn't it?" He whispered in my hair with a sultry and rougher voice, surprising the hell out of me as he sounded so...weirdly different.

"But I can help you. I can make it all go away,"
I let out a small whimper as he snuck both arms underneath my t-shirt and pulled me closer against him, letting me feel the hard ridges of his naked and still wet body, my skin filling with goosebumps as small droplets of cold water touched my bared shoulder.

"I can take that pain away, and make you feel nothing but pure pleasure instead," He whispered with that rough and seductive voice of his, my eyes going wide at the sudden feel of something incredibly hard and big pressing against my lower back.

Fuck.

"Do you want me to, little mate?"

My lips parted open to let out a moan as he pushed himself once against me, feeling my body respond as a trickle of hot wetness gathered in my panties.

"Oh..."

"Do you want me to make it go away?"

I could hear my own heavy breaths as his hands started to caress my skin, languidly trailing over my stomach and ribs, escaping another small mewl as he cupped both my breasts and pushed them together underneath my t-shirt, slowly massaging them.

"Oh...Yes..." The word made its way past my lips on its own volition, entranced by the feel of him and his soothing presence, my body thrumming with my desperate need for him.

I didn't care about what was going on or why.

I didn't care about who he was or what he did to me, in that specific moment.

I just wanted him to keep touching me, and keep those negative effects of my heat at bay.

I needed him to make them go away.

I let out a squeal as I suddenly felt the waistband of my panties snap so easily, my eyes widening at the sight of those scary-looking claws resting on my bare hip as soon as I looked down.

However, I didn't get to say or do anything more as he hoisted me up in his arms right after those torn panties touched the ground, startling me from the unexpected commotion so I immediately wrapped my arms around the back of his neck in response, clinging against him.

"Now now, don't be so scared, little mate. You're safe in my arms,"

My gaze timidly rose at the sound of his words, just in time to catch sight of those black eyes shining in the moonlight peeking in through the large window, his flawless features outlined by it too, in a rather dramatic way.
He looked like the epitome of danger and sin with that subtle and naughty smirk of his, his gaze describing nothing but burning, intense desire as he peered down at me.

"My beautiful little mate," He proudly said as he looked at me with adoration, my body jolting with surprise as I suddenly felt the cold and soft sheets underneath my bare ass, realizing that he was placing me over the bed as he leaned forward, gently letting me go.

"And all mine..." He whispered, that roughness still present in his voice as he climbed on top of me, carefully supporting his own weight on his elbows as he leaned closer, taking a hearthy inhale as he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"Your scent is driving me crazy, little mate," He breathlessly said as he pulled back to look at me with those demon eyes, my own heart pounding inside my chest as all I could do was just lay there, trapped underneath him.

"It's been driving me crazy ever since I met you,"

Liquid heat pooled inside my lower abdomen as I could feel the way his palm gently trailed upwards over my hip and waist, gradually revealing my stomach and ribs from underneath my oversized t-shirt.

"It's a shame that my human side has kept you away from me for so long..." He leaned down to press a gentle kiss on that sweet spot between my neck and shoulder, making my toes curl and my body shiver with delight.

Wait...What?

"W-what? What do you mean "human side"?" I suddenly asked, my brows furrowing with evident confusion as I peered between those inhumanly black eyes.

He quietly looked right back into my own, expressing a small and knowing smirk as he paused for a moment.

"Nathan's not here right now, little one," He simply said, his eyes flashing golden for a fleeting second.

I immediately let out a frightened gasp, desperately pushing at his chest and squirming against him as I struggled to escape from underneath him, suddenly feeling nothing but pure fear.

"N-no! Let me go!" I whined, my breathing coming out in shallow puffs as I futilely tried and tried, feeling the effects of a panic attack starting to set in with every passing second.

"No don't be scared, little mate I'm not gonna hurt you, please calm down," He soothingly said he held me down, careful not to hold me too tight though as he patiently waited for me to settle.

But I didn't. I couldn't. Not when all I could think about was that maybe he was indeed-

"Y-you're him. T-the wolf," I stammered out, feeling small tears gathering at the corners of my eyes as I kept struggling with all my might, desperate to evade him.

"Aren't you?"

"I am," He calmly said after a moment, "But I would never hurt you, little mate. I know that my fangs and claws may look very scary to you, but you have nothing to be afraid of. You're safe with me, little mate and you always will be,"

"Oh yeah? Then why did you fucking bite me you sadistic asshole?" I growled back at him with anger, challengingly looking back into those frightening eyes.

"It's part of the mate bond. I needed to claim you as mine. My stupid human side didn't realize that you were ours and he kept tormenting you. I had to do something about it. I couldn't just let him keep hurting you. He was hurting me too. Even before the start of our mating process, I could feel how he made you feel. I could feel everything you were feeling. Your hate for him, your anger and your pain. I could feel it, little mate. And it was driving me crazy,"

What?

"I had to protect you. You are my soulmate, little one and I will always love and protect you. It's in my nature,"