41. I need answers

"What...what are you doing here?" I stupidly blabbered out as I obviously didn't know what else to say.

"Hey you called, so I came," He simply said with a light smile, my eyes though fluttering between open and shut for a few seconds as I casually noticed that the room had actually started to spin.

"Why-why..."

"Hey, easy there, are you okay?" I barely heard him say as my vision blurred for a moment, only now realizing that I had stopped breathing. My throat suddenly felt so stuffy, desperately gasping for air as I clung to him like holding on for dear life, thankful for the support his strong arms offered as they wrapped around my waist, preventing me from falling on the floor.

Wait. When the hell did he get so close?

"N-no, I-I'm not okay," I croaked out with a strangled voice, feeling the gentle touch of his fingers on the side of my neck as he pushed those fallen strands of hair away, no doubt looking at that ugly scar marring that spot between my neck and shoulder.

"Oh my god what did that asshole do to you?" I could feel that anger and frustration pulsing through his very being as I rested my forehead against his chest, still trying to regain my breaths.

Wow...How the hell did he know so fast?

"Gee, I don't...know... you tell me," I absently wheezed out, too dizzy to even try and look up at him.

"He m-marked you... God, I am so gonna kill him!" He spat with vengeance as he held me close, about to gather me in his arms when the sounds of hurrying footsteps abruptly put a halt to his actions.

"You...You fucking asshole!" I heard my father say before I could even try to peer over my shoulder, making me realize exactly who had entered my living room.

"What the hell were you thinking?!?"

There was no answer from the other person, hearing his approaching steps instead.

"Let me help,"

Nathan.

I involuntarily shivered at the sound of his voice, betrayed by my own body as it thrummed with life at the mere sound of him.

"The hell I will let you touch her again!" Was my father's immediate reply, roaring with unbridled anger.

Yeah, too little too late, dear daddy.

"Lysander, you have to let me do it. She's having a panic attack," Nathan kept his voice completely calm and civil as he tried to explain, despite my father's angered shouting.

"The hell I will! You have done enough, Nathan. You can go wherever the hell you came from. I will heal her myself,"

Wait what?

Heal me how?

"You can't, you need to-"

"I said, I will heal her myself-"

"LYSANDER!"

"WHAT!"

My ears rung after all that shouting, barely hearing Nathan's grave voice now as he quietly uttered,

"She's my soulmate,"

The hell I am, was what I so wanted to scream back, yet my current situation didn't exactly allow me to. My father, however, oddly enough seemed to take his words into consideration as he fell completely silent, his breathing still fast and powerful after all that shouting.

I could basically feel the exact moment Nathan made a move to approach us despite my weak grip on reality, faintly feeling the warmth of his body too as he probably was really close right now, hearing his quiet pleading,
"Please. Let me help her,"

My father hesitated for a moment or two, his arms around my body tightening just a little bit as if he didn't really want to let go. And with a tired sigh he lastly loosened his grip on me, gently letting me go in the arms of my tormentor.

I couldn't stop myself from letting out that calming sigh as soon as he touched me, baffled by my own bodily reaction at the faintest touches of his, feeling myself relaxing so easily, as if I didn't even have any problems to begin with.

I didn't say anything though and just let him gather me up in his arms and carry me towards the sofa, consciously avoiding his gaze as he hesitated for the briefest moment, peering down at me before placing me on the plushy sofa.

I found my father's serious and contemplative gaze as Nathan stepped aside, noticing him looking at me for a moment, arms crossed before he pressed a finger over his lips, seemingly deep in thought.

"When did you find out?" Came his question out of nowhere, confusing the hell out of me as I obviously had no idea what he was talking about.

But Nathan apparently did as he swiftly answered,
"A few weeks ago,"

"And when did that happen?" My father pointed in my direction, quickly making me realize that he was referring to that bite on my neck as his gaze intently fixated on it.

"The day I found out. I didn't mean to, but-"

"You didn't mean to! You didn't fucking mean to!" I flinched at the sound of my father's powerful tone, instinctually pressing myself further into the soft pillows.

What the fuck was going on?

"Nate, she might be yours but she's not a toy! You had no right," He spat out those words as he approached him, giving him a desperate and betrayed look.

"You had no fucking right!" He pointed an accusatory finger at him.

"I know. Trust me, I am paying for it right now," The was no sign of jest or mockery in Nathan's tone as he spoke those words, his expression stony and unflinching as he bravely faced my father, casually noticing that Nathan was actually almost a head taller than him.

I watched them silently stare at each other for a moment, my father staring him down for just a bit longer as if trying to rein himself in, blowing out a breath as he suddenly turned around and made a few steps away, casually throwing over his shoulder,

"Has she shown any signs?"

Signs? Signs of what?

"Two times now," Nathan answered without missing a beat, making me feel even more confused as I stared between them, tired already by this weird exchange.

"Hey, hey, hey! Stop! Just fucking stop, okay?!?" I suddenly shouted out of nowhere, drawing their attention.

"I'm here too, remember?" I pointed at myself for emphasis as they both looked at me.

"What the hell are you even talking about and what the fuck is going on here," I said to my father, dead-ass serious as I stared up at him.

"I need some answers from you. Right now,"

He showed up here out of nowhere? Fine. But I needed some answers to make me finally understand why he put me in this mess in the first place and I needed them now.