19. Nathan Satan

His wolf restlessly paced within like a caged beast as he watched the two stand so close, threatening to get out everytime his beta touched her or made her look at him the way she did just now.

Fucking traitor.

He growled under his breath and took another sip from his flask, his gums and nailbeds starting to hurt as he forced himself to remain composed and keep his wolf at bay. He really didn't need to make another scene and attract even more negative attention towards him.
Once was more than enough, and she was already calling him a monster as it was.

He needed to do something. He needed to distract himself somehow and he needed to do it sooner rather than later.

His gaze casually fell on the little sister just as he'd finished that thought, watching her sitting in a corner all by herself, her gaze a little droopy and her movements kinda slow and dragged as she entertained herself with a bowl of carved fruits by taking tiny pieces of fruit and eating them.

He didn't waste another moment and made his way straight towards her, expressing a charming smirk as he extended his open palm,

"Wanna dance?"

Her droopy gaze rose to meet his, returning his smile and with a small shrug she placed her hand in his, allowing him to help her stand and guide her closer to the area where other people were dancing.

Careful not to let her trip and fall as she was already swaying a little bit he wrapped one arm around her, effortlessly guiding her moves as they started to dance.

However, it still turned out useless as before he could even try to stop himself his gaze trailed right back to the happy couple, his insides churning as he watched his soulmate smile at his beta and blush like a virgin bride.

He had to admit though that that specific outfit she had chosen for tonight was actually making him feel certain ways.
It was driving him crazy, to be more specific.

The way it exposed her slender neck and shoulders, leaving that sweet spot bare and ready for claiming...And that shorter front part of her dress that exposed her beautiful legs...

It was as if she was dressed especially for the mating ceremony.

She was meant to be his bride, not his beta's. She was supposed to be in his arms tonight, smiling at him instead as they danced the night away.

She'd never smiled at me like that, he thought with bitterness, reminiscing the sound of her rapidly beating heart and that frightened look in her eyes during their last few encounters.

It bothered him so much that she was afraid of him now.

"Wow, you need to make up your mind, dude,"

His brows furrowed, curiously lowering his gaze to peer down at the tipsy female in between his arms.

"You really need to decide if you wanna tap that ass or not," She added with a raised brow, making him chuckle with amusement at the realization that she'd just called him out whilst her slightly unfocused gaze turned to peer at her older sister dancing away with David.

"She needs to pop that cherry already. She's the last of us anyway, since she keeps chickening out..." She let out a stifled laugh, starting to emit chicken-like sounds as she moved her elbows up and down a few times, that particular tiny bit of information however bringing a satisfied smirk on Nathan's lips.