17. Prom night

Finishing the last touches with my make-up and that fake vampire bite and blood over my neck, I set down my make-up tools at the vanity table and went to check my work in the floor-length mirror for a better and fuller view, finding myself quite satisfied with the way I looked.

My white bridal dress hugged my chest and waist so nicely, exposing my cleavage and legs as it had a corset with two thick straps that hung over the upper part of my arms, leaving my neck and shoulders completely bare and a skirt that was shorter at the front and longer at the back, the front part ending right above my knees.

My hair was styled into a messy updo, purposely leaving my neck bare so that those two fake punctured holes and blood on that spot between my neck and shoulder could be visible, covering the very real scar that existed underneath.

Three days.

It's been three fucking days since that crazy incident at the mall yet David still hasn't explained to me what was going on and what he meant by those words.

Luna...

I will protect Luna...

Those words echoed in my head for the thousandth time, goosebumps forming all over my skin as I couldn't stop myself from remembering the terror and helplesness I felt when I found myself trapped into that bathroom and alone with Satan himself, all vulnerable and at his mercy.

"You're mine, Carina. Only mine..."

His words echoed in my head like an ominous whisper, making me shiver.

What the fuck was his deal? Why couldn't he just leave me alone?

First he tormented me by doing mean things and even hurting me from time to time, but now he just went to a whole new level. Now he's trying to physically assault me too. And what I really couldn't understand was why.

Why was he doing this to me? What did he want from me? Why was he so hell-bent on toying with me like this?

What did I ever do to you to torture me like this?

A cold sensation of something wet trailing over my cheek brought me back to reality, lastly realizing that I was crying as my gaze refocused on the reflection in the mirror.

Quickly wiping those tears away I hurried to retrieve my black combat boots and white veil, putting them on as I didn't want to waste another moment sulking around in my room.

He didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve my tears, nor my attention.

The sound of my phone making a short ding drew my attention, so I went to retrieve it from my nightstand and check it, noticing I had a new message from David.

"I'm downstairs with Dre and your mom. Ready whenever you are," x

My lips curled into a tiny smile, suddenly feeling a little bit giddy as I quickly checked myself into the mirror one last time, inhaling an encouraging breath before making my way straight towards the door.

And with a determined twist and pull I opened it and walked down the hallway, stopping for a short moment once I've reached the first step. And with another breath and a light smile plastered over my face I began descending the stairs, hearing the voices of my mom, Dre and David as they were already engaged into a light conversation.

"So what time are you guys coming back?" I heard my mom say, making me furrow my brows with surprise.

What the hell? Since when did you actually start caring? I thought to myself with a snort.

"Promise I will bring them back safe and sound before 00:00, ma-am," David curtly replied like the true gentleman he was, no doubt already having our mom charmed by his ever-so-sweet self.