Chapter 49

"Kill me.." Theodore whispered while Zoeey studied his situation. His whole body were covered in bruises and sweat and he's partially back to his human form, only patches of demon skin were there. His face almost unrecognizable. Busted lips and eyebrows and opened cheekbones. His legs were just hanging limply, arms covered in deep cuts and basically no surface on his skin was spared. "K-kill me!" This time he shouted and Zoeey was taken aback. She then noticed Athan watching her intently while carrying Autumn's revitalizing form. Athan hovered above them with proud wings, waiting for what either of them are planning to do before she finishes both.

Zoeey couldn't utter a word as her and Theodore fell back to the ground. Even when they landed, she held Theodore protectively. She laid him carefully on his back before standing up, decided to do everything she can to avenge Theodore. "No.. Zoeey, li-sten to me..."

Zoeey looked at his pleading eyes, "Don't go after her... Kill me." He nodded trying to encourage the girl but Zoeey refused. And just like a robot, she walked towards Athan who was now standing on the ground.

As if mocking Athan and asking for death, Zoeey stood face to face with her wearing a sharp glare.

Athan clutched one of her bloody hands to Zoeey's face. Zoeey struggled. She tried to kick Athan away but nothing happened. It was literally trying to bruise a diamond. Athan slammed her whole body to the ground just like what she has been doing to Theodore. Zoeey was almost a foot deep in the dirt. She was harshly pulled back up to be welcomed by a gut wrecking punch on her stomach. She couldn't help but spit blood yet Athan wasn't having it. Athan held onto one of her arm and started swinging. Zoeey became like a doll being destroyed by a psychopathic child.

When Athan let her go, she was having trouble breathing and coughing. Hardly able to sit up.

Still not saying anything, Zoeey attempted to crawl away from Athan but the latter had a different path for her. She kicked Zoeey, making her tumble and roll away from her. She caught up with her immediately. Athan stood tall. Her wings spread proudly, the sharps tips painted red by Theodore's vital fluids and Athan took her time striking Zoeey slowly on her torso with it.

"You betrayed Autumn." She simply stated looking down at the girl.

And then another strike on Zoeey's torso making her cry.

"You tried to kill her."

And then another.

"You almost killed her." her voice became raspier as the emotions overflowed.

In the pit darkness of the night, Autumn's glowing figure flickered one time before she called out. "Athan..." Her voice was soft. In fact too calm for the circumstance they're in.

Athan stopped moving, just kept looking down at Zoeey who's body is nearly just a corpse. And as she waited for an order from Autumn she heard, "Please leave her to me.." She sensed Autumn move behind her.