Chapter 7

■■■

.17.

Even though me and Autumn were being separated by thick walls I could still hear the interrogation going on clearly. Officer Mark was still standing near the door of the interrogation room, blocking me from going near it. As if I needed to.

Thyone was still around, staring at a fit police woman who was talking to her colleague, bending a little over the desk. Suddenly Thyone turned her head to me and mouthed me the word "WOW". I shook my head as I stood, eavesdropping to the people inside the interrogation room.

And knowing for sure, based on how it went, she's screwed.

Mr. Walter started collecting his things when I averted my eyes to Thyone who was still checking out the oblivious sexy police woman, I mentally called for her and her instinct made her look at me.

With blank stare, she got the hint as well as she heard Mr. Walter starting to pack. Me and Thyone never really plan for circumstances like this, we just do it the way we individually think is best. Thyone beckoned officer Mark. And what was funnier is he walked towards her. Thyone impolitely asked after looking at his name tag once more, "Mark, in any case, do you have that sexy police chick's number?"

Same old Thy, brave, cocky, and a douche bag. While she got his attention, I timed for Mr. Walter to step out the room, I asked him civilly while gazing straight in his eyes, "Mr. Walter, how did it go?"

"Well. . . She surely will end up in a trial court."

"Ok, so hear this. Autumn is a poor little girl who was framed and threatened. You need to change your narratives and do everything in your power to prove she's innocent. Got it? Just look at her, she's too cute to be a murderer."

"You're right." He agreed.

"And." I tapped his shoulder, "I think you should forget my face."

"Yeah, sure. I'm gonna do that." He nodded and so did I. I let him pass before me and waited for Autumn to get out. But when she did, she ignored me and Thyone who was still having a conversation with Mark.

All that I could pay attention to was Autumn's uncontrollable sobs. My feet led me near her. It made me feel terrible watching her cry. I know why.

After Autumn told Zoeey to contact her family, the officer behind the counter announced that she's free to go. And so me and Thyone were too. There was nothing else we need to do there.

I smiled as I saw her jaw drop in surprise. She stood up, jumping and hugging Zoeey in celebration. I know she wanted to ask how that happened cos me and her knew how bad she fucked up the interrogation, but she decided to let it go and embrace her freedom. She saw Mr. Walter and thanked him as well. Thyone patted my shoulder, signaling that we should now go. I followed her, heading outside to go straight home.

Me and Thyone should be in class right now but since that Zoeey girl called me using his boyfriend's phone and informed me of what happened, we didn't attend. I was a bit surprised though yet it was predictable Autumn would call for me or Thyone if ever things like this happened.

But I'm glad that she was out of trouble.

"So, what are you gonna do next?" Thyone asked, pulling me out of my trance.

"Huh? About what?"

"Looking for a capable witch, stupid."

"Oh right," I was scratching my temple, trying to recall my plan when she teased. "Oh stop thinking about your Juliet, Juliet. She's fine-"