Chapter 34

Please check out the new cast :) If it's not yet updated, skip to the A/N =) enjoy and i hope you like the new actors lol

Sixth hour

•96•

Shuffling of the footsteps came from the front porch and soon the knob that was fixed by Lio turned open. Jareth emerged from it, his expression a mix of uncertainty and perplexity. Gian was beside him confused, her mid back length raven hair tied to a pony tail.

"Y-you..." Jareth's eyes averted from Autumn to Lio who was leaning his back next to the broken half of a painting. His arms crossed and foot against the wall. "you called me... Ma-Maia is here?" Jareth stuttered.

Lio nodded.

"And...Athan? There were a lot of spirits outside than usual, what happened?" He asked.

"She died again." Jareth winced a little. "Maia is with her in her bedroom, retrieving back what the Shtriga took away and to fasten up her recovery." Lio stated, switching his eyes from Jareth and Autumn. "She'll wake up, Aut. Maybe after daybreak... You should get some rest." He advised to the small brunette that was slumped tiredly on the sofa, mentally exhausted. Her clothes were still covered in blood stains.

Autumn didn't answer and kept staring at the coffee table that was back at the center of the living. She felt the other side of the sofa dip when Gian sat beside her, reluctant to say anything for she practically don't know what happened or was happening.

They stayed right in the living room but nobody was talking. Everyone own caught up in their emotions and silent questions.

Jareth couldn't believe her mom that he thought was dead for four and a half centuries was alive. He had so many questions that he almost lost his patience and just wanted burst in Athan's room to interrogate her mother whom he hasn't seen for so long. Calling her mother even sounds awfully wrong. However, he went to the wine rack and poured himself a glass up to its rim, emptying it in one go then refilling it again. He drank and savoured the charmed blood turned into a high class artificial wine just enough to get his adrenaline rush calm down.

At around 4 am, Gian was already in her room having some rest while Autumn drift off lying on the sofa. While Lio was helping Maia with Athan, Jareth picked up the sleeping witch to let her sleep in the guestroom she used to occupy when she split up with Athan. He was a little bothered with the comfortability of Autumn since she was still covered in blood but decided to let it go.

Autumn was sleeping deeply, memories of the past playing in her mind but none of it can be recalled when she wakes up.

"Daddy, why do you always study about those people with fangs?" five year old Autumn asked her dad while she was peeking at the paper he was writing on. They were in her dad's office, there were papers everywhere, crumpled and neat.

"Because they are special." Her dad smiled and picked her up and on his lap. Autumn was a little smaller compared to the other five year olds. "People feared vampires because they think they eat people for food, but what they didn't know was that, those were just the ones that chose to be cursed as a vampire. The real and royal blooded vampires-"

"You mean like kings and queens?" The young brunette asked, touching his father's beard while doing so.

Grinning, Lucas nodded. "Yes. The  king and queen of vampires used to be bad, but as the years past they learned how to be civilized and taught the rest of their blood line never to harm innocent ones. The Noble Pioneers were actually like superheroes but most people didn't see it that way because they take away the bad people by a method that is against the law."