Meeting Friends-Chapter 29

••A/N

MY BIRTHDAYS TOMORROW. IM EXCITED. Fifteen😁 Gettin' up there

Chapter 29

Harry had decided that after a day full of roaming the city, that I'd meet his friends tonight. Obviously, I want to look my best either way but I don't want to be out of the ordinary if they're casually dressed. He won't loosen up even to tell me where we're going.

"Wear something nice." Is all he gave as explanation. My boyfriend is so helpful, isn't he? Not a help at all.

I blindly picked out a mid-thigh dress that cuts only slightly down at my chest and is strapless all around. Its a nice dress, one I actually bought today but only when Harry had checked the other side of the store. I wanted to surprise him and I even made him swear not to look until I'm done, he can use the other bathroom. There's like five others anyway.

I leave my down straightened, pulling my hair through the iron enough to press my curly bangs down. They always curl out of the shower, so much so that it looks like I'm that guy from Grease. A layer of makeup along with my infamous cat eye affect with red lip and I'm ready to go.

"Harry! Are you ready?" I call through the house, opening the bedroom door to look down the halls. My gaze stops when the tiny figure of Kayla hitches my view. "-oh, hi Kayla. Did you need something?"

"Listen here, Miss Swift, you better back off of Harry. I've been working on him for the past year and I don't plan on giving up just because some flat-chested blonde decides to pop up in his life again." She bursts, her arms crossed against her almost inflated chest. Obviously, I'm half surprised, half about to laugh until my sides hurt.

"Harrys' yours? Oh sweetie, I didn't mean to walk in on what you thought you had but insulting my chest isn't going to make yours real. Harry can make his own decisions, without help from his staff." I add with a sassy smirk that only causes her scowl to spread across her face. Her mouth falls open slightly in shock and a mix of disgust might be in there somewhere. Something seems to make me seriously ticked off at this chick, maybe it's the fact she chooses to insult me when she has no ground to work with. She opens her mouth to reply but Harrys' raspy voice cuts her off, drawing her silent.. for once.

"What? I couldn't hear you, I was watching TV- what are you two doing?" He stops his sentence after jogging up the stairs, seeing us eyeing eachother down. I barely get a look at Harry but focus mainly on his voice and the nearing enemy in front of me. She is Harrys' maid and what could be his friend, I probably should at least look civil. Even if she pisses me off.

"We-" I start but Kayla's sneer of a voice comes out sweet.

"I was just asking Miss Swift if she needed any more towels," Kayla fakes a smile, teeth gritted.

"Oh, please," I put on a fake smile. At first, even I thought of replying straight forward to tell her off. "Call me Taylor."

She purses her lips together, "Alright.. Taylor."

"Okay then.. Tay, you ready?" Harry furries his eyebrows slightly in confusion and holds his hand forward to me. I tilt my head and slide past Kayla with a semi-victorious grin plated on my face. All she does is scowl, a look that almost looks placid on her. Hurts her demeanor, to be honest. She'd be pretty if she didn't try so hard or have a horrible personality.

"Mhm." I murmur, taking his hand as he ushers me down the staircase. He nudges his lips against my ear, breath sending chills splintering across my skin.

"You look stunning by the way," He mumbles, coming off more breathily, causing my hair to blow slightly under the breeze. I feel my cheeks warm and add color absently.