LA-Chapter 27

Chapter 27

LAX has got to be one of the craziest places I've ever seen. People are bustling from one end to the other, some even sprinting down corridors to meet their flights. Yet it is big enough to accommodate loads and loads of restaurants, which would definitely be a plus should we have arrived in time for lunch. Instead, it's 5:00 in the morning and I'm half-asleep while trudging distantly behind Harry. He also looks like he's sleep-walking but he seems more excited about showing me his house.

Harry takes the drivers' seat from the valet, slipping into the black Suburban as I do the same.

"You're going to love the house," He says a little frankly. I smile half-heartedly and lean my head against the window, betting on the fastest raindrop in my head. The game soon turns into a daydream when music fills the car, Say Something pouring onto the speakers.

"I'm sure I will," I say, a little breathily, leaving a fog on the window. The raindrops fly by now and set the scene of a music video. He's been repeating the same thing for the whole plane ride so I'm pretty stinkin' sure that i'll love the house. We drive in silence for a couple minutes despite the music before he pulls up to a gate codereader.

He holds up a tag and types in a series of numbers before the large gate opens to reveal a neighborhood filled with houses big enough to fit five normal sized houses in side it. Each of them with mailboxes painted with names I recognize immediately, everything from Cruise to Bieber. It's all I can do to not stare open-mouthed at these. Harry glances over with a smirk before finally pulling up the driveway to a beautifully designed mansion.

It's made a brick with details of beige detailing parts, two medium sized pillars lining the doorway. He looks over at me, looking almost too proud of his mansion. As he should, the place is like a palace.

"C'mon, I got your bags," He says quickly before I can get to them. I shake my head.

"Harry, I can carry my own luggage," I laugh and grab one of my carry-ons before Harry can reach them. He sighs.

"I'm the guy, I'm suppose to be the one that carries your bags," he pouts, trudging the bags to the door.

"See, this is why you're adorable" I barely get off the words before maids scramble outside, smiling widely at us.

"Marion, Kayla, this is my girlfriend, Taylor." Harry introduces. The first girl is pretty stout, her brunette hair is curled completely up to her neck. She looks around 35 maybe. The one next to her is a little taller and is blonde with it silky to her shoulder. She looks younger, around 25 probably. They both lean in and greet me with a bow.

"Hi, so nice to meet you." I smile warmly, extending my hand to both of them.

"And Taylor, this is Marion," He motions to the brunette. Then to the blonde, "And Kayla."

The way he says her name has an arrogant twinge to it. Something tells me either they dated at one point or slept together. Kayla is a really curvous girl, very pretty and very shaped. You can tell she's not as modest as Marion, even her uniform is popped open at the chest. She also looks at Harry with a longing look that almost seems daring. Meanwhile, she sends almost a threatening smirk at me that to everyone else seems civil but to me, I see warning glares. This is most likely her turf and if Harry is considered 'her turf' then we'll be in for some 'turf-wars'.

"If you two will bring these to our room, please? Taylor, I want to show you around." He smiles, pulling me into the house. My mouth immediately drops when we enter. The ceiling expands two floors above us with an adjoining balcony inside. All of the furniture looks either brand new or newly refurbished. Some lamp stands and pillows that catch my eye are vintage, some vinyl even. There's a huge pool outside, complete with diving board and chairs residing poolside to lay out. He says there's even a bartender than tends to a drink station that serves as a co-chef in the kitchen in the meantime.

The upstairs is huge, three bedrooms with all of them with suite-size bathrooms. The third floor is basically all a gameroom, filled to the brim with games in every corner complete with two flat screens set up to Xbox on one and the other PS3. The house is basically everything you could ever want packed into one, you know, except the privacy.

"This all is amazing!" I gush, flopping backward onto the plush master bed. Even here, a studded chandelier dangling above the bed. Harry sits at the edge of the bed, tracing the lines in my hands.

"I knew you would love it." He murmurs, falling back to my position. I grip his chin and turn him gently to look at me. He concentrates from my eyes down to my lips but hesitates as if he wasn't sure.

"What's wrong? I never said we couldn't kiss," I laugh, pecking softly at his lips. He smiles back.

"Well, I'm afraid that if I kiss you, I'll... lose myself, I guess." He trails off a little. I feel my cheeks warm.

"And.. that's a bad thing?" I mumble without being able to consider my words. He raises his eyebrows.

"I just don't want to hurt you again," He scratches the back of his neck. I run my fingers through his curls and smile, pulling in his lips more this time. We just lay there kissing on our sides for awhile until we both seem to find an ending point.

"So, what's for lunch?"

"We can walk around town if you'd like until you find somewhere you want to eat,"

"Out? Like out as a couple?" I stutter.

"How else?" He laughs, rolling his eyes as if it's a normal thing to announce a public relationship to a nation. He must see my concern because he slips his fingers in between my ears. "Listen, I don't care what people say about us and neither should you. I love you, okay?"

I nod, more to reassure myself than him. "I love you too."

•• A/N

2/2 updates today! Okay cool:)