Ed.-Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Today is the day Harry leaves which coincidently is the same day Ed gets back from Japan, ironic? Absolutely. Ed is scheduled for 6:00 arrival while Harry boards his at 3:30, which leaves around 6 and a half hours left with him. It wasn't an immediate decision for him to go back, it was kind've obvious to me though. He has to return to his band sometime, he has a career to uphold as it is. He'd get fired otherwise.

I lie on Harrys' outstretched arm on the bed, softly humming the backdrop to Say Something as I admire his sleeping body. Angelic is not even the word to describe him, even asleep he's beautiful. I'm going to miss him so much, infrequent visits will be a increasingly rough thing when his tour starts as well. We agreed we would make it work somehow because going without eachother is torturous. I don't even realize I'm smiling until Harrys' voice breaks my admiration.

"What are you smiling about?" His husky morning voice rumbles, startling me. My grin only grows at his words, his bright eyes sending giddiness floating through my body.

"I don't know, just memorizing.." I whisper, putting a finger to his chest and tracing his tattoos, a habit of mine now. He tilts my chin up back to look at him.

"It's not that long, only a week until I can come back for the weekend." He shrugs, pressing his lips to my cheek.

"A week without you is like forever.." I groan, slapping the extra pillow next to me in frustration. A smile plays off on my lips.

"I know... You're breaking it to Ed today, right?" He mumbles, suddenly fascinated by my tanktop strings. I scrunch my eyebrows and watch his concentrated scowl as he moves them up and down my collarbone. I haven't forgot about breaking up with Ed, it's going to kill me. If all goes well, he'll take it well and we'll remain friends. If he takes it bad, which I've thoroughly been dreaming of the scenarios, then it could permenantly ruin everything good we had.

"Yeah, I am. So, what do you want to do while you're still Harry Styles, the teen from Cheshire?" I raise my eyebrows, leaning on my side to face him. That's kind've a stupid question, knowing Harry he's thinking of.. other things. Not that I'm complaining.

"Mmm, I was thinking.. a little of this," He pecks my lips once, pulling me into his hips by my own. "And a little of this.." Another kiss to my lips. "And a lot. of. this." He murmurs with a smirk, engulfing my lips into a hungry kiss.

He pulls himself on top of me, focused in on my lips. "As much as I would love to, I think- I think maybe we should go get milkshakes at Cook-Out and maybe take a walk around town? I haven't done that since highschool."

He sighs, his eyes finally meeting mine again reluctantly. "Okay, fine. Whatever you want, babe." He whispers, bringing one hand up to run through his hair. Before getting up, he swoops down and catches my lips in his, immediately deepening it as much as I'd allow. I push against him and allow him to open my mouth to him for a moment before slowly downgrading the pace of it before pulling out. "Ugh! You didn't have to tease me more!"

I giggle, pushing my hand through his curls and framing his face in my hands. I'm going to miss him so much once he's gone, I've learned that way too thoroughly already. "You're too cute, you know."

"So I've been told." He says cheekily, rolling off of me to sit up. I punch his shoulder drowsily and laugh.

"Are you sure you have to go?" I whisper hoarsely though I already know the answer to that. He doesn't want to, I'm the one that's essentially making him.

"I don't know, do i?" He murmurs, squeezing humor into the tension. I force a pathetic-sounding laugh, finding my lip to be wobbling.

"I know you do but I-I just wish you didn't because I'm going to miss you so much!" I cry into his shoulder, tears coming out without recognition. He sways us slightly, perching his chin on the top of my head.

"Now boarding... Flight 276 to Miami, Florida." The intercom booms, only enticing my bawling. He cradles me tighter and pulls from our hug to look me in my brimming eyes.

"Look at me, Tay. One week and I'll be back for you, we'll FaceTime every night. Trust me, remember what I told you about the rumors they'll speculate about us, don't believe them. Just dont, okay." He situates his fingers on my jaw and cheek. "Hey, hey. I love you."

His words only prod on my unsteadiness and I push up into his lips, pulling his head down to my level with my kiss. Suddenly regret fills the back of my stomach for not allowing him to kiss me more this morning. As soon as the passionate kiss ends, I grip the front of his shirt, balling it up into my fist.

"I love you too, so much. Be safe, okay?" I whisper against them, pecking them again. He nods, a stray tear falling from his own brimming eyes. With that, he walks into the terminal, waving goodbye one last time before disappearing into it. I cross my arms to hold in the warmth that now seems so illusive. I stand there for awhile, staring at the now closed terminal doors until people blur my vision. People from all walks of life and all circumstances. I wonder what they're going through..

I turn and find another still person, people weaving in and out of the human traffic. He stares straight at me, surprise lit up on his down casted expression. I hold my breath because I know what he saw and what he's thinking. He shakes his head disappointedly and turns away, disappearing into the mass of people. I'd go after him if my feet weren't seemingly glued to the ground.

Ed.

•• A/N

Short again sorry, gosh!