Belong-Chapter 13

Chapter 13

My eyes open slightly to the sound of my personal alarm, glancing tiredly at it to read 5AM. The door from my bedroom is open to see both Emma and Ashley lying sprawled in unexplicable positions on their seperated couches. I start to question where Selena is when last nights words come flooding back to my head, causing it to throb. Harry lays at the foot of my bed, his bad foot propped up slightly near where I am.

Cold seeps throughout the house, shivers running down my body. I groan, sitting up slowly and pulling my shaw closer around my body. I've decided to go back to the tree this morning, like I've been doing every day this week. It's a good way to vent, and I haven't written about us actually getting back together. If we even are together, I don't even know who I'm with anymore to be honest.

I take a quick shower and get changed into a pair of dark green jeans with a white blouse and scarf, deciding to go makeupless.

"Where do you go every morning so early? I know it's not a jog," Harrys deep morning voice comes from bed, his cheek smushed against his arm. He looks up innocently, his hair tousled from sleep. I smile warmly down at him, sitting on the edge in front of him.

"Mmm, out to an old place.." I murmur, focusing down on his curls. He looks so angelic like this, almost glowing in the morning light.

"Can I come?" He asks, pulling himself into a sitting position. "I can walk now.. well enough, at least. As long as I have my crutches. Please, Tay? I haven't been out of the house in weeks."

"Sure, I'm sure you'll remember it once we get there. Get dressed and I'll meet you in the living room." I whisper, pressing my lips momentarily to his forehead before treking out of the room. I leave Emma and Ashley asleep, by the time they wake up, it'll be lunch.

My hand touches the damp picket fence, pulling it back and holding it open until Harry can limp inside the field.

"Taylor," He whispers under his breath, smiling up at the old tree that catches the sunrise perfectly. I rub his back, swallowing down the memories that come with showing Harry this place again. He must recognize it, how could he not? This is the place where it basically all started. The place where I had pulled Harry when he had hit a boy for teasing me about my hair when we were in middle school. The place where I had taught Harry how to dance for prom that I went as his date for, where we had kissed for the first time, and where we had just layed in the field talking for countless hours.

"I know, Harry. C'mon, I'll help you onto the branch. The suns' just rising!" I smile wider, pulling him by his much larger hand towards the tree. I forget he has boot on when he shudders behind, limping faster to keep up with me. "Sorry."

He doesn't seem to acknowledge it, just stumbles up the chiseled wood knots in the tree until he shuffles across the branch next to where I sit. I let my head rest on his shoulder, releasing a sigh as I do. A breeze fans my face, pushing strands backward in the wind. So many memories circulate around this place, it means the world to me.

"Why'd you take me here?" Harry says, causing me to look at him. Why? Maybe because you asked to go with me and the fact of all my memories here. I'd think he loves this place.

"What do you mean?" I whisper, obviously hurt by it. This is the most important place to me, I couldn't pick a more intimate place to bring Harry again.

"This is the place I spent years oblivious and too shy to actually confess to you. I opened every thing to you except that one dirty little secret and that's the biggest one of them all," He bursts, pulling one leg up to his chest, staring purposely at the horizon. I place my hand on his shoulder gently.

"Har, it's alright. I've put the past behind me, can you? Remember all the good memories we've had here?" I push his shoulder gently with a small laugh.

He sighs, combing a hand through his hair and smiles, "How could I forget our first kiss?" He leans closer and presses his lips into mine, almost recreating the scene so many years before.

~Flashback

Harry sits on the branch, leaning against the curve as he looks intently at me. His curls are tinted dark in the starlit sky, giving even his eyes a mysterious look. We're talking, like we do every evening after school. Except tonight, everything about him is luring and tempting me in.

"What are you thinking about?" His voice breaks my concentration on studying him. His dimples shadow in the moonlight. I ease back against the trunk and yawn, pressing my back into it.

"I don't know.. Have you kissed anyone, Harry?" I hear myself say before I can register. He raises his eyebrows and pushes his arms behind his head.

"No, don't you think I'd tell you? C'mon Tay, you gotta have a little faith in me," He laughs, his head tilting to look at the stars that twinkle above our heads through the brush. "Have you?"

"No.." I whisper, following his gaze up to the sky.

"Have you ever dreamt of it? Who it might be with?" He trails.

"I don't know, just someone that I trust, you know?" I say, all the while thinking of Harry.

"Taylor," He whispers, causing my gaze to fall to Harry who's now sitting directly in front of me, eyes trained in on my lips. "Don't you think that if we were both to have our first kiss, it should be with eachother? Since you are the one that I trust the most?"

My heart flutters, swallowing my butterflies that threaten to take off in my stomach. Everything about him seems so intoxicating, so detailed. "Y-yeah." I mutter before hesitantly gulping down my pride, leaning in towards him. Our lips meet gently, pushing me into the tree. I savor every single second, this is what I've always wanted and if this never even happens again, I want to remember this moment forever. Maybe even for little replays if we end up together one day.

~

"I was so nervous that night," I whisper, laughing slightly, pecking his cheek again.

"So was I. You made me shake when you asked if I had kissed anyone," He wraps his arms around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest.

"You're amazing, you know that?" I whisper, gaping still at the rising sun that now sits at the cloud line.

"Not as amazing as you." He pecks my lips again. Amazing doesn't describe Harry enough, he's so much more than that.