Vampire. Human. Well, what am I?! (26)

Chapter 26

He just looked at me for a moment before barking out a laugh, "Good one!" he howled.

"Good what?" I asked angrily.

"Ok Meg, you can stop playing around now." Once again he called me by that strange name. I took great offense in it and grabbed him by the shirt collar, standing quickly and slamming his back against the wall. He looked at me in shock and I realized how handsome he was.

"Do not call me that." I hissed. "My name is Megalyn. I would hate to kill such a handsome boy."

His eyebrows shot up and he stared at me in shock. "You're serious, aren't you?" his voice was soft and pained. Realization hit him hard. "Jeremy." He growled.

"Who is that?!" I asked.

"He's the one who did this to you Meg." He replied.

I slammed him against the wall again. "DON'T CALL ME THAT!" I lowered my nose to his throat and inhaled his scent. It was human, but it also smelled like something else though I couldn't put my finger on what. He smelled sweet and I grazed my teeth over the skin covering his vein. He stiffened and the door opened. I looked up immediately and in walked William. William caught sight of us and froze.

"I'm sorry." He started. "Am I interrupting something?" I followed his gaze to the hand I still held on the boy's collar. I released him quickly and flitted over to William throwing myself into his arms.

"No!" I said quickly. "I was just teaching this boy not to be rude." I gestured to Luke slightly. "Oh, William! You haven't the faintest idea how happy I am to see you!" I gave him a kiss on the lips and he stiffened immediately. He took a step away from me and I looked at him with a baffled expression.

"What's wrong with, Meg?" he asked the stranger boy. I pouted at the sound of that name again.

"Why are you calling me that, Willy?" I frowned at him and he glanced at me before giving Luke another questioning glance.

"I don't know." Said the stranger boy. "She got a headache again and when she looked up she was acting weird! She told me not to call her Meg and then tackled me against the wall. I swear if you hadn't walked in she would've drank my blood!"

I glared at the boy for a moment before turning back to William and putting on my pouting face. "Is that such a crime Willy? I just wanted a sip! He smells delectable." I turned back to the boy and licked my lips, taking a step towards him. Williams's hands dropped onto my shoulders and I looked at him in shock. "Oh!" I exclaimed. "You must want some too! Well, ok. We can share him, but this time I'd prefer if you left me some!"

"What year is it, Megalyn?" he asked me suddenly. I looked at him in confusion.

"Don't you remember Willy? It's 1816! We asked the paper boy just this morning!" I paused in glorious remembrance, "He was quite delicious, wasn't he?"

William exchanged a solemn look with the stranger boy and muttered, "This has Jeremy written all over it." He turned back to me and grabbed me by the shoulder, taking me over to the boy. "Megalyn, this is Luke. He is a good friend of mine." I looked at the boy and blushed slightly.

"Oh, forgive me Luke. It was quite rude of me to attack you." He just looked at me. I changed the subject hoping to entertain him into forgetting my rudeness. "That is quite an odd name you have there. Is it short for Lukas?" The only humans William ever made friends with were rich people and dangerous people.

"No." he answered shortly. I nodded awkwardly. I looked down at my clothes and nearly gagged. What in the world was I wearing?!

"Dear god!" I exclaimed.