Chapter 1. The darkness in memories. The return to the underground

The old grandfather clock shimmered 12 times. The whole house was dark and there was no sign of anyone awake at this hour time.

But there was someone awake in this house. On the second floor in one of the rooms sat a shadow in an old rocking chair. The shadow was sitting whit the legs up against the torso and the arms around the legs. The shadow's dark green eyes were looking on the floor but the eyes were empty. The shadow just sat there and not a single muscle was moving.

Suddenly the sky opens up and a big rain and thunder storm brakes out. The shadow moves its head towards the window. The rain slammed towards the window and the lightning was lightning up the dark sky. A scream and crying wakes up the rest of the house members and running feet were heading to the room where the cry comes from.

The shadow looks at the door into the room but soon turns the head towards the window once again. A memory from an old thunderstorm starts to play in the shadow's eyes. Memories that the shadow did not want to have, memories she wanted to lose, memories she wanted to forget. Memory of an adventure from 10 years ago, an adventure, in which the shadow once had to save a little child from the grip of the Goblin King.

Suddenly, a lightning bolt strikes not far from the window and lights up the room. The shadow is a young woman whit long raven black hair. The woman's name is Sarah Williams.

Sarah closes her eyes and turns her head away from the window. The thunderstorm is getting worse and another memory is now playing for her behind her closed eyes. In her memory a young women stands in front of her whit a smile and Sarah is sitting in the same rocking chair.

It was the night after her adventure in the Labyrinth and there is yet another thunderstorm. The woman walks out from the shadow in her room when the clock shims 12 down stairs. It was then Sarah learned who she was, and why she had felt as if she belonged down in the labyrinth. She was not meant to be a normal human girl. Her destiny is to live down in the underground.

But she is still too young to come down there to live, when the woman had come to tell her the truth. But that had been 10 years ago and she had not seen and heard anything from the underground since then. Her life has been in a total darkness since that night.

Another lightning bolt stroke outside of her window and Sarah opens her eyes once more and look in front of her. Suddenly, a pair of eyes was looking back at her and Sarah jumped a little in the rocking chair.

"Wh...who's there?!" she says and moves one of her hands away from her legs and starts to call on the magic she had.

"You do not need to worry my lady. It's only me" a woman's voice said and a young woman walked out from the shadows.

Sarah calmed herself down when she saw the woman and closed her hand. "Prim" she said whit a week voice.

The woman was fast in front of Sarah and looked at her. "My lady is something wrong?" she asked but Sarah only shook her head.

"I'm only a little bit tired, that is all Prim" she said and tried to smile a little. The woman shook her head.

"My Lady, I'm sorry that I have not been here for you. Can you please forgive me?" the woman asked.

Sarah looks at the woman in front of her. She seemed to be at the same age as Sarah was now. She had long dark, blood red hair that was in a low horsetail. The eyes were in a golden color. The woman's name was Prim and she was Sarah's protector and the one that would bring her back when the time was right.

Sarah nodded at her. "Yes, I forgive you" she said, whit her voice still being week.

Prim smiled a little but her smile soon disappears. "I'm sorry, my lady. But I think you know why I'm here and you are right. I need you to follow whit me back to your land. But... But I had hoped that things would of have been differently" she said and Sarah looked at her.

She could see fear and sadness in her eyes. "What is it?" she asked and a part of her screamed that she did not want to know.

Prim took a deep breath before she spoke once again. "War has broken out. Last night a group of orcs was attacking our lands." she said. Sarah lost her voice.

How could there be war? Prim looks at Sarah and took her hand. "My lady, we need you down there now. I cannot carry on, I have my work as the leader of the army and be taken for the lady of the lands any longer. The time has come for you to take over your grandmother's crown. The high king will soon start to ask me again if I have found the only living heir for the throne and if I do not take you back whit me, he will replace you with someone else" Prim said.

Sarah closed her eyes to think. She wanted to go, she needed to. It was her land, her people that was in danger. But if she left this place, her father, stepmother and half brother would be in danger.

"What about my family here?" Sarah soon said and opened her eyes and fear was written in them.

"The spell is done. They will be safe, even if you no longer live here. You need to return back to your lands so that you can get your energy back once again, my lady." Prim told her in a calm voice.

Sarah nodded her head and rose from the rocking chair. "Take me back home, Prim" she said and Prim bowed at her.

"As my lady commands" she said.

The clock on the first floor shimmed 13 times when they left the house in the aboveground world. Sarah could feel her energy and magic return to her and soon after, she opened up here eyes.

She was standing in a beautiful room, the walls were light blue and the floor was made of dark wood. Behind her was the throne. It was in black and red.

Sarah walked over to it and laid her hand on the back and smiled a little at it. Prim stood in the middle of the room and smiled a little. "How do you feel my lady?" she asked and Sarah smiled.

"10 times beater." she said. "That is good my lady. You will be meeting the high king and the rest of court that your land belongs to in two days." she said.

Sarah sat down in the throne and looked at Prim. "And where will that be?" she asked and Prim looked down at the floor whit a tiny smile. "At the castle of the Goblin Kingdom" she said.

"WHAT!" Sarah said and flew of the chair. Prim looked up at Sarah.

"I know you do not like the Goblin King my lady. But he is a very important ally and his land is next to yours" she said. Sarah sat back down in the chair once again.

"This will not be fun. He will know everyone and I will have a hard time" she says quietly but an idea starts to grow in her head. "Prim, tell me. Did my grandmother have allies outside the court?" she asks and Prim looks surprised at her lady.

"Yes my lady. She had many good friends outside the court. People that the court did not know she knew." she answers her. "Why do you wonder my lady?"

Sarah smiled. "Could you send them a message that someone from this land would need to speak to them tomorrow?" she asks and Prim nodes.

"Yes my lady, but why?" she asks. "I would like to have some allies of my own before I go to meet the High King and the rest of the court" she says and Prim starts to smile.

"I see, very smart my lady. Then how about I show you your bedroom so that you can get some sleep this night and I will have the message sent out to your grandmother's old friends after that." she says and Sarah nodes.

"That would be a very good idea" she says and walks over to Prim who starts to show her the way down the corridor.

She soon stops in front of two big doors and opens them up. Sarah walks in and smiles.

The rooms were very different from the room she had back aboveground. The colors were darker in here. There was a queen size bed, a big fire place, a big wardrobe whit everything she would need, a big bathroom and a balcony.

"I do hope you like your new bedroom my lady" Prim says behind her and Sarah nodes. "It is very beautiful." she says and Prim nodes.

"Then I will leave you to your sleep. I will come to wake you up tomorrow morning" Prim says, bows at Sarah and backs out from the room and closes the door in front of her.

She then turns around and starts to walk down the corridor. A smile on her face appears on what was about to happen now. Sarah walks towards the bed and climbs in and puts her head down on the pillows. It takes not long before the lady of the Seir was asleep.