The Reveal

Anna

Hmm... I wonder what Chrom is doing right now...? Chrom is currently in his office working on something for the company. Just then, my fiance storms out of his office, "Chrom! Is everything alright?" I ask.

Chrom groans and turns to me "Just... yeah... everything is fine... It's just that another rival company is attempting to strike a bad deal with us" He answers.

"What do you mean?"

"I know a dirty trick when I see one, Anna. The Plegian Corporation is trying to do that to us." Chrom says.

What?! "O-oh! I-I see! W-well... what's the dirty trick?" I ask.

Chrom sighs "Their CEO is trying to scam us for money. It's what that Validar does. The Plegian Corporation used to be successful under Gangrels leadership, then Validar used dirty tricks and manipulation to take the company for himself. Now it's crumbling bit, by bit." Chrom says.

I try to hide my nervousness "W-well then! That's unfortunate!" I say.

Chrom gives me a look "Are you ok?" He asks.

I frantically nod "Yep! Never been better!" I say, walking away.

...

"Oh my gods. Anna! Get in here!" Chrom shouts.

I run into the living room "What's wrong, love?" I ask.

Chrom gestures to the tv "Just come and look at this garbage!" He says. He's watching the news, and Validar is currently being interviewed. I gulp and sit down. No, I am fine. He knows nothing about me, or where I am. Mother made sure of that!

Validar smiles wickedly to the cameras, trying to work his charisma. By his side is a curvy, white-haired woman. No... that can't be!

"It is much to my attention that my company is breaking down, but I have big plans to revive it! Oh yes! With my daughter's help and charm, we will soon rise back to what were used to be! Isn't that right, Aversa?" Aversa smiles and nods. "The times may be dark, but there is light in every situation! It is my hope that I bring my whole entire family together, and bring my ex-wife and my daughter back to me!" Validar smiles wickedly. "I soon hope to see the love of my life again, and see my beautiful little girl, Anna Komadori, once more!"

My entire world goes mute. Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods... No! I wanted to keep it for just a little longer. 

"What did he just say?!"

I turn to Chrom, who is currently agitated "Did he just call you his daughter?! What is the meaning of this?!" He shouts.

I begin to cry "I swear I can explain!" I say.

Chrom sighs "Ok. I'm sorry for shouting. I'm sure you have a good reason why you kept this from me, I don't have an ideal father in the world either. Just tell me what's going on." He says in a comforting manner.

I nod. Thank the gods he's so understanding... "Thank you... might as well start from the beginning... One thing I should probably point out is that Aversa is not my biological sister, she was adopted. Anyways, he was always a con-artist and a liar, even when I was just a baby. My mother saw his evil doings and decided to leave him, taking me as well. She went to court and got full custody over me, along with divorcing Validar, and changing our surnames to her maiden name. After that, I never saw him again. When I got older I was able to get an order that said that I never needed to see him again, basically saying I'm not his daughter anymore. I am not legally bound to him by any means. I am SO sorry I kept this for so long..." I say.

Chrom stares at me, then he hugs me "Anna... It's ok... I understand that this is a hard story to tell... it's alright. You being his daughter means nothing to me. If you say you're not legally bound to him, that means you're safe, and he cannot take any kind of action to get to you or the company... but just know that you'll always be my main priority, no matter what." He says.

I sigh in relief and melt into him "Thank you... thank you so much, for everything..." I murmur.

Chrom hugs me tightly "It's ok... I love you."

"I love you too."

________________________

SHIP IT LIKE FEDEX!!!!!!!!!!!!  ALSO, ANGST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently listening to: Lacrimosa: Kalafina