The Question

Anna

3 months later...

I sigh and try to read my book. It has been months since the phone call drama... why do I still feel uneasy? It is currently January, and that incident happened in October. I need to focus on other things!!! I sigh once again and try to focus on my book.

Just then, Chrom walks into the room "Anna? Are you doing anything tonight?" He asks.

I shake my head "No. Did you have an idea?" I ask.

He nods "Yeah... I was hoping we could go on a date. We haven't been on one in awhile." He says.

I smile "That sounds like a great idea! Any specific plans?" I ask.

Chrom smiles at me "You'll just have to wait and see." He says.

I giggle "Very well then."

...

"Chrom? Where are we going?" I ask as my boyfriend leads me somewhere with my eyes covered.

"You'll see! Ah, we're here!" He removes his hands from my eyes, and I gasp. He has taken me the very gazebo where he hired me.

"C-Chrom... I remember this place! This is where you hired me!" I exclaim.

Chrom nods and takes my hand "Indeed. It's also the place where you confided a huge part of your life to me." He says.

A smile and lean on the railing "Yes... gods... this brings back so many memories! It's hard to believe that all of this happened 3 years ago..." I say.

Chrom smiles "Yeah... time really does fly..."

I continue to stare at the stars "You know... I'm glad I took the risks I did... I'm glad I accepted Emmeryn's offer... glad I accepted yours... glad we began dating! Everything is so worth it! I've never been this happy in my entire life... I'm so glad I met you!" I confess.

"I'm glad too..."

I shift my gaze to Chrom's voice, only to see he's not beside me anymore. I look down and gasp in shock.

Chrom is down on one knee, and he is holding a small box with an engagement ring in it.

A cover my mouth and tears begin to form in my eyes "C-Chrom...! Are you...?"

"Anna, you have made me so happy. You make my world brighter. You have given me so much that I have no words to express my gratitude. I have never realized how empty my life was before I met you. You make me smile every day when I wake up to your face, and I want that to happen for the rest of my life. Anna... I love you with all my heart... and I want to spend the rest of my days with you... laughing with you and holding you. I want us to grow old together. So, Anna, will you marry me?"

I cover my face as tears stream down my cheeks "I... I don't... I don't know what to say... I... are you sure you are ready for such a drastic change?" I ask.

Chrom nods "I have never been surer of anything in my life. But are you?" He asks.

I swallow the large lump that has been forming in my throat "...I..."

"Yes!"

I fall to my knees and hug Chrom as tightly as possible "Oh gods... Yes! ...I love you so much... I want nothing more than for us to be married..." I cry.

I feel Chrom slide the ring on my finger and he kisses my head "You have just made me the happiest man in the world, Anna! I love you so much..." He kisses my head once more, and pulls away from me, this time, kissing my lips.

His hand tangles into my long brown hair, and I wrap my arms around this neck. We separate in need of oxygen, and we smile widely at each other. Chrom pulls me into a tight hug and he buries his head in my neck.

"I promise to make you happy and to love you for the rest of my days, Anna. I will make sure nothing ever comes between us. From now on, our lives are now one journey... and we will walk down this path together... Just you and me..."

________________

..............................................AHHhhhhhHhHhhhHhhHHHhHHHhHHHHHHhhhhhhHhhhhhHhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS HAPPENED! THE SHIP IS STILL SAILING! ASKLALHFAKFJDSKDJKASFSJADJKFLSFDHSBQKEKFEKJHFKAHJSKJFDKJAKLHFJSJHFJKKHJSDKJAERHKDSJHHFSDFHLHFLSJKHDFHAFHJLFJHDSHJAFAHLJDKSHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to calm down... Anyways! I didn't really know how to turn Chrom's confession quote into a modern one, so her ya go! I'm gonna go and fangirl about the ship I knew was going to happen and that I was planning on having Chrom propose for a long time now XD GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently listening to: Burn: Hamilton Soundtrack (Not exactly an appropriate song for this chapter but hey)