It was You

Hermione's POV
I got up and sat next to Draco.
"Who was in your dream?" I asked him.
"It was you." He replied and looked at me with hurt-filled eyes. I held my breath.
"What happened in it?" I pressed forward.
"I was standing with my father at the manor and he was telling me to kill. To kill you. I couldn't. I could never. So I told him. You're body lay on the ground in front of me. Covered in blood I couldn't bear to look. He was furious at my answer. He crucio'd me."
He started sobbing again. I held his hand.
"And suddenly everything changed and I was standing at the manor again and experiencing at painful night again" he said touching the scar again.
This explained the sudden apology.
My eyes started selling up. He looked down at me and this time he hugged me.
"It's been a long time since I've hugged someone other than Harry or Ginny."
"Your parents?" He said releasing me.
"I..." I stammered.
Even when I asked you at the ball, you looked hurt, why is that?" He asked.
I exhaled sharply. Now was the time to tell him. He'd told me a great deal about himself.
"During the war, everyone's lives were constantly at risk. My parents, being nuggles, would not be able to protect themselves from any Deatheaters demanding of our whereabouts and information. So I obliviated them to keep them safe. They would no longer know me. After the war, I went back to Australia, where I sent them, and tried to reverse the spell. I tried everything I could. But they still can't remember."
I ended sadly with wet eyes.
"I'm sorry you had to go through all that because of us." He said.
"It's just a little hard, that's all."
We looked away from each other.
"I should go." I said finally.
"No..." He said and grabbed my hand. But immediately withdrew.
"What?" I turned to him.
"I needed a little company. It's been awfully lonely. And I know you aren't all that happy right now and need some too."
"Fine." I said simply.
"I knew you couldn't resist my sexy looks. I know no one can." He said smirking.
"Kinky, real kinky Draco." I said rolling me eyes.
"Okay. Fine. Then I think I'll just be on my way then." I said and turned back around.
"Hermione! I was just joking! Come on, have a little fun."
"I just knew you couldn't let this opportunity go. Guys just can't resist my pretty looks." I smirked at him and crawled into the other side of the bed.
He made a face and crawled under the sheets. I saw this and giggled. He was really cute when he loosened up. I thought I saw him smile. I made Draco Malfoy smile and I felt proud of it.

Draco's POV
I made a weird face at her for her snarky comment and she started giggling. She really really cute when she did and it sounded so melodious, Asif only her voice could could soothe my ears. I was happy to see her smiling after emotionally breaking down.
"Hermione, thank you for helping me. No one else would have done that for me. None has in a long time." I said.
"Thank you too." She said.
I smiled and she smiled.
"Well then, good night. I've got to report back to the ministry tomorrow"
"Okay. Good night 'mione." I replied.
That smile again.
Why was I thinking all this?
What was wrong with me?
It was the last thing I thought about before sleep took over. That night was the most peaceful sleep I'd had in years. And it was all because of the beautiful girl sleeping next to me.