Crucio

Hermione's POV
I'd spent the rest of the day crying. Now I had puffy eyes and red cheeks.
It was 11 at night and I had just changed into a silk spaghetti dress that came till my knees. It was a tight fit and I wore it at night most of the time.

Just as I was about to get into the covers, the doorbell rang. I didn't want to see anyone now. I reluctantly stood up and walked unsteadily to the door.
As I opened the door, I got the shock of my life. Astoria Greengrass stood there looking as smug as ever.
"Hello Mudblood!" She smirked and said.
The next thing I feel is a searing pain in the back of my head and then everything goes black.

~hours later~
I woke up and tried to rub the back of my head which still hurts, but I wasn't able to. I looked and saw that my tied up. I was still in my home and I didn't have my wand on me. I tried to wiggle free but to no avail.
"Try all you want mudblood, you're not going to get out of it any time soon, or probably never." It was Astoria.
"What do you want?" I ask, my voice shaking a bit.
"I want you to leave my Draco alone. Don't you dare touch him again!"
What was she talking about?
"I..."
"Oh, I see the filth is awake." Another voice said from behind Greengrass.
Lucius Malfoy.
"First you step inside my house and you waltz around like you own it and then you interfere in my son's life. Not that I care much about him, he was always a big disappointment to the family."
"But I helped you."
My vision started blurring due to the tears forming in my eyes.
"I never asked you to." He bent down to my level and smirked but quickly backed away as if I was some some piece of garbage.
After this Astoria stepped forward and pointed her wand at me.
"I'm going to enjoy this. CRUCIO!"
Before I could react, the unforgivable curse hit me and I started writhing in pain.
"Nice job my dear." Now Lucius stepped forward and did the same. I starting feeling numb and losing consciousness. Then the final blow.
"This world would be a much better once it's rid of you." Lucius said.
They aimed their wands at me. Please god let it all be over after this. My body was trembling with pain. The tears started falling freely
"CRUCIO!" I heard them shout together. And everything went blank again.

Lucius's POV
"She's not dead yet." Astoria complained.
"I know. We'll do it slowly and painfully. We'll make her pay for everything she's done"
She grunts and walks away sulking.
I decide to return back to the manor to avoid suspicion. I tell Astoria and disapparate out of that filthy hole.
She'll keep watch while I'm gone.

Draco's POV
It's been almost a day since hermione left and even Lucius hasn't been around. This worries me. Not that I worry for him. He can wander off a cliff for all I care. It's hermione I worry about. All I wanted to do was tell her how I feel, until Greengrass spoiled the only chance I had at a happy life. Speaking of Astoria, I haven't seen her after yesterday's incident. I'm freaking out now. If anything happened to 'mione, I wouldn't forgive myself. I stood up, off the couch and started walking to the door quickly.
Just as I was about to open it, Lucius walked in.
"Draco. Where are you going?" He asked me.
"Out. Why do you care?" I glared at him.
"Don't talk to me like that. I'm your father."
"No, you're not. You should have earned that title, but you didn't care about that either. Did you?.....Lucius." I replied venomously.
He looked at me with hatred but said nothing back.
I apparated to the potters residence. Everyone knew where the boy-who-lived resided.
I knocked the door. I heard the footsteps coming towards the door.
I saw a petite red head in front of me. Ginevra Weasley. Potter's wife.
As soon as she saw me, she frowned.
"Hello Malfoy" she said.
"Why are you here?"
"Look, I'm not here to fight. I need to know where Hermione lives."
"Isn't she at your place?" A worried expression overcame her face.
"Something happened at my place yesterday. I wanted to tell her something. Something I should have said before." I didn't know why I was opening up so much.
She smiled a bit. Like she understood.
"Maybe she would have felt the same way too."
"I need to find her. I think something's wrong."
"I know where she lives. But I'm coming with you."
I knew she was very stubborn, just like Hermione sometimes. I smile a bit.
"Now I know why you're her best friend." I say and she smirks back.
"Let's get going"

~a few minutes later~
We arrived at the door to her apartment. I was about to ring the bell when Weaslette stopped me.
"If something really is wrong, we can't just create a raucous and waltz in like a parade."
She had a point.
I tried twisting the handle, but it was locked. The inside of the apartment seemed eerily silent. I took out my wand and whispered 'Alohamora'. The door clicked open and we silently walked into the apartment.