Family Matters

Ginny's POV
I sat with Hermione all throughout. I couldn't bear the sight. Her head was resting in my shoulder, her breathing was very hard. My eyes became blurry.
Then I saw her. Astoria Greengrass quietly making her way around the room, her wand in her hand. How did she....? But I didn't linger on the question.
"I'll be right back, 'Mione, I promise" I whisper, kiss her forehead and walk upto her, fuming from head to toe.
She saw me coming and held her wand up, but she was slow to react.
"Expelliarmus!" I shout in anger.
Her wand goes flying.
"Stupefy!" I shout again and she goes flying back. I run to her and punch her repeatedly.
"You. Bitch. I. Will. Kill you!" I scream in between punches. I know it was very unladylike, but those were the least of my concerns. I petrified her again, took her wand this time and kept my eye on her as I made my way back to Hermione. I felt her pulse. It was slowing down.
"Draco, we have to take her to mungo's. We're losing her" I say, my eyes welling up.

Draco's POV
I kept throwing spells at Lucius. He had gotten slower at this, which made it easier. Lucius's arm was bleeding badly.

Ginny screamed something at me. My heart stopped beating. I couldn't breathe. No, we're not losing her we can't. I turned around to look at Hermione, head on Ginny's shoulder.
Suddenly I was hit in the back and sent flying across the room. I hit the wall, my body seared with pain and I couldn't stand up.
Lucius had a triumphant smile plastered on his face and he started walking upto the girls. Ginny pulled out her wand but he cast a quick shield as her spell hit him and blasted her onto the other side of the room, ending up in the same condition as me. My legs and arms were bleeding horribly and there was big gash on my stomach. But it didn't even measure upto a tenth of how bad Hermione looked. I would do anything to save her.
"Let's pick up where we left off shall we?" Lucius said softly to Hermione. She looks at him , half consciously, with fear in her eyes. She knows what he will do.
"I'll finish you too later." He says looking at me and Ginny.
I want to kill him. But I won't. Killing him right now would be showing mercy. I'll let him Rot in Azkaban for the rest of his useless life. For Hermione. I grab my wand just as he holds out his wand at her.
"Stupefy!" I yell with all my might just as he yells 'Crucio'.
He flies through the bathroom door and I hear a bit of a commotion in there. Those are the least of my worries. A painful high-pitched scream is emitted through the room. No! NO! The curse had hit her. I was too late! I clutch my bleeding stomach and hurriedly limp to Hermione and collapse beside her. Ginny hurried over too and undid her ropes. I held her as I cried. Just then Harry and some Aurors burst into the apartment and ran to the room. What he saw in front of him horrified him. He walked forward and dropped to his knees.
"No! No Hermione! Please!" Harry said as he started sobbing uncontrollably.
I stood up with all the strength I had left in me and disapparated with Hermione in my arms. Harry and Ginny followed suit as soon as Harry told the Aurors to take Lucius and Astoria to Azkaban after reporting this to the minister.