chapter 25

As Mayra got down she only got a banana and left. While everyone seem confused with her actions.

"I wonder what gotten into her." Sebastian asked as they seem to be in the dark too.

"Hey Kevin what really is wrong with her. I mean it's strange that you know more then anyone how she is. So tell us Kevin what might cause this reaction?" Aaron asked as Kevin spit out his drink that he was drinking.

"What are you talking about me and that flea don't get along." He said as he scratch his hand.

"Really tell me straight in the eye." He said as Kevin try but he gave up.

"Okay I'll talk she's going to finish something that happen to her and us when we were kids." He said as hit his head on the table.

"Wait what happen to us?" Summer asked.

"You don't remeber because the guy hit your head really heard. Luckily not hard to kill you." He said as she seem confused what she said.

"Guy? What guy?"

"When we were kids Mayra wasn't like this before but that day change her and me. It's was when we had that field trip to the park. We were about to leave and Mayra was asked by a guy if we've seen his son. You saw something and grab her hand and pulled her away. When he saw you walk towards the teacher he hit you in the head. They send you in the hospital but when you woke up you changed a lot. You lost your memory of that day and we never wanted you to get hurt like that." Kevin said as he close his eyes.

"That day we vowed if that man was ever to escape jail. We would take care of it even if it meant keeping you in the dark. Summer all we wanted was for you to be happy. That's why Mayra has some dangerous connections that no one should know about. And one of them is well known around her. In exchange for their services they ask for information."

"So all this time you guys have been protecting me and keeping this a secret. Did you guys really not trust me?"

"We do trust you but we wanted to repay you for all the things you did for us. You use to protect us from bullies in elementary school. When we were in trouble or hurt you helped us. So we wanted to protect you and make you happy for all the kindness you've given us." Kevin said as he got up.

"Right about now Mayra is going to one of those connections and is going to offer a deal to them. That deal could be the end of her if they fail. So I'm going to follow her she not the only one who can track a person down." Kevin said as he got his keys.

"I'm coming with you. I made promise to protect Mayra and her friends. I won't let her go after all the trouble I did to get her." Aaron said as his friends got.

"Counts us in too Mayra needs all the help she could get. Plus were not normal girls that run away." Kenya said as Melissa agreed with her.

"I'm going too." Summer said as she got up.

"You guys been protecting for so long. Now is my turn to stand up for myself and protect you guys." Summer said as she walked towards Kevin.

"Alright let's go help that flea." Kevin said as everyone got to cars. They got into Ronald truck and Kevin's car. And he open his app and saw where Mayra was at. He was surprised that she not far from them just ten minutes.

~~~~~

Mayra was in front of one of her old friends. She vowed never to go near them but she needed help even if meant going back to her past.

"Well what brings you here Mayra. Last time I saw you was when destroy a girls house a few weeks ago. I got to say since you left my boys have been doing work outside of your turf. So what is that you want?"

"I want to get rid of a guy and I think you know who it is." You gave him a file of the person you want gone from the world.

"And what will you give in return for our services." He said as he knew what he wanted.

"Name your price."

"Alright you rejoin our group again." She froze from the harm she cause for most people. The last job she did made her quit for the pain of a little girl that reminded her of her sister.

"I can't I'm going to college soon."

"Oh well then forget this deal."

"Fine by me thanks for wasting my time. For an old friend your probably the last person I'll ever come back. Not that your girl left you for another gang leader. He's not even hard to track down." Mayra said as he got up.

"Oh really and where are they." He asked as he got closer.

"Thats none of your concern you see my partner here knows stuff but won't give it for free." They looked at the entrance and saw everyone there.

"What are you guys doing here."

"Oh come on darling we both know I won't let you go that easy. Plus your my girl so I have every right to follow you." He said as he grab her chin to look into his eyes.

"I see you made a new crew. What a waste I was sure you would rejoin if I help you take care of the guy."

"She doesn't need any help from you. Mayra is by far better at tracking and taking care of people without your boys doing it. Also for the fact that you have less people means that your desperate for members. So if Mayra rejoin you would have more territory to control." Kevin said as everyone was impressed for his comment.

"Oh really well then I hope you find your guy in time." He walk away from them as he laugh at how much his old comrade change over the years.

'Time does change person.' He thought as he went into the old warehouse.