Chapter 26

2 Months Later

I am officially in my last month of pregnancy. The school has let Jake take off this month, April, so he can be here whenever the baby comes. 

It's so nerve wracking because of how close I am. I am scared that I will die. I haven't really been all that worried about it throughout the pregnancy, but I am very worried. 

The doctor's say that it should be any day now. Brooklynn is due on April 15 and today is April 13. They say she can either come early, on time, or late. It's just the waiting process. 

In order to secure my safety, I'm not aloud to move. I have to stay in the bed all day. Jake brings me food and drinks and people come to visit me, but it still sucks being stuck in here. I guess if it helps keep me and Brooklynn safe then it's worth it.

Jake is in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for me and him. He has been so amazing this past month. Instead of making me stay in our room alone, he only leaves to get me food and go to the bathroom. We have been watching tons of tv together and he got me a coloring book and colors, childish I know but I love it. 

He walks in with a tv tray with eggs and toast on it and a glass of apple juice. 

"Oh my, you're amazing." I tell him when he gives it to me.

"You say that every day babe." He says laughing and giving me a kiss. 

"Well you are."

He just laughs and gets in the bed with me and turns on the tv to One Tree Hill. This is all we have been watching this month and we are almost finished with it. 

We are currently in season 8 out of 9. He starts the episode and we watch it and share breakfast with each other. 

&&&&

"We should play a card game." I say after we finish season 8.

 "Babe you can't go to the kitchen." He says. 

"No, but we have that long piece of wood that we can put on the bed and play it on." 

"This is true. What do you want to play?" 

"Hand and foot." 

"You absolutely love that game." 

"Well duh, that's all my family plays." 

We laugh and he goes to get the long piece of wood and cards for us. I sit up a little bit in bed and wait for him to come back. When he gets back, he sits across from me and we start to shuffle the cards. 

After a ton of time shuffling, we start to play. The way you play is you deal two stacks of 11 without looking at them and then you trade with the other person before starting. Once you get your stacks, you only look at the bottom card to decide which stack you'll start with.

Inside of your hand, the first stack, you look through it for pairs. To lay down, you must have three cards the same and each hand you have to meld different points. The first hand is 50 points, the second is 90, the third is 120, and the fourth is 150. Jokers and 2's are wilds. Jokers are worth 50 points and 2's are worth 20. 

You always have to have one more base card than wild card. Aces and 2's are 20 points, 3-8 are 5 points, 9 and up are 10 points, and jokers are 50. 

My family and I love to play games and growing up, this was the main game we played. It's my favorite game and we taught Jake how to play when we first met. 

Jake and I start to play the game. The game itself is so long for each hand because you have to play your whole hand and your whole foot, the other deck, before going out. Also, to actually be able to go out you have to have one black book, 7 cards with wild cards, and two red book, 7 cards that are the same and have no wild cards. 

&&&&

"I have to go to the bathroom." I tell Jake after we finish playing and he nods his head. 

I get up and kiss him before walking into the bathroom. Before going in the bathroom, I turn around and smile. 

"I love you." I tell him.

"I love you too." He responds, smiling. 

Lately we have been telling that to each other a lot because once I go into labor, it's not certain we will get to say it again.

I go into the bathroom and quickly use it. When I'm done, I stand up and turn around to flush. I all of a sudden get super dizzy and when I look down, the toilet is full of blood. 

Things start to get blurry and all I can hear is Jake opening the door and yelling my name. The next thing I know, I'm falling and the last thing I remember is Jake catching me and screaming my name before darkness falls around me. 

&&&&

Hey everyone!

Yes, Kaitlynn went into labor just now and the next few chapters will be in Jake's POV! Also, sorry for the ridiculously short chapter, I just needed to get to the next chapter. The book is almost over and it's about to get crazy so I hope you enjoy!

Comment and Vote!

~Kelsi