Chapter 23

The next morning I wake up excitedly. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. Every year I feel like I get even more excited even though I am getting older. 

"Jake wake up! It's Christmas!!" I say excitedly. 

He groans but wakes up. 

"Good morning baby. Merry Christmas." 

"Merry Christmas! Let's go!" I say and he laughs. 

We go into the living room and to the tree. I grab our stockings and we look through them. Jake bought me my favorite candy bars, some Bath and Body Works perfume and bubble bath, some fuzzy socks, and a little more candy. 

I got him candy, socks, cologne, and money. We then open each other's presents. I let him open the one I gave him first. It actually brings a tear to his eyes. 

"Oh Kaitlynn. These are my girls." He says and I smile. 

"I hoped you would like it." 

"I do. I love it. Now open yours." 

I nod and unwrap the gift. I open a box that looks like a necklace box and it reveals a heart shaped silver locket. Inside of the locket on one side is a picture of us and on the other side is the same ultrasound picture I put in his present. 

Also in the box is a book that is called "The Story Of Us" and it starts off with our pictures together from when we met and stories about us and then ultrasounds and all of that. Tears come to my eyes as I read it and look at it. 

"You can add more to it as we continue our lives." He says and I smile, hugging him and giving him a kiss. 

After opening our own presents, we then open the presents for Brooklynn. Every single one of them is clothes, which is amazing. There are onesies, jeans, shirts, and dresses. I cry opening them because the amount of support we have and how many people already love Brooklynn makes me emotional, in a good way. 

We go and put her gifts in her room before going to get ready for the day. I go into the closet and pick out a pair of leggings, a navy blue and striped long sleeved shirt that is tight around my baby bump, and some boots. 

I go into the bathroom and get dressed then curl my hair at the ends before putting it half up half down. I put on my makeup and then grab some socks and put on my grey boots that come up to about my knees. 

After I'm done getting ready, I go into the bedroom and Jake and I make the bed before heading to my mom's house. Jake is wearing a red polo shirt and khakis with Sperry's. 

We listen to Christmas music on the way to my mom's and soon enough, we get there and pull up. Jake's family is already here, meaning everyone but us is there. 

I grab the pies while Jake grabs the presents and we go into the house. 

"Good morning everyone. Merry Christmas." I tell them when I walk into the kitchen where all of the girls are. 

"Oh Merry Christmas dear!" My mom says, smiling. "Where's Jake?" 

"He's putting the presents under the tree and then is probably going to look for the boys. Is there anything I can do here to help?" 

"There's a lot for you to do dear." She says and I laugh. 

I go over to help my sister with the pies and it's chaos in the kitchen for Christmas dinner. Every holiday, we are crazy with the food and cook for what could be an army. There is always enough food to send back with everyone who came and have tons to stay as well. 

After a little while, the boys come into the kitchen. Jake gives everyone hugs and I hug all of the boys since I haven't seen them at all for two weeks.