Chapter 18

The next day, I wake up and stretch. Jake and I are leaving today to go to the Bahamas. Since we didn't get our honeymoon, we are going up there for two weeks and then coming back here for Christmas. We will get back a week before Christmas, so we are so excited.

We have to be at the airport by noon. Our flight leaves at 12:30 so we don't have long considering it is already 10:00. We didn't pack yet because we are both procrastinators. So I quickly get out of bed and go into the closet to get the bags.

I have a large Vera Bradley duffel bag in the patter Kiev Paisley that I am going to bring for me and Jake has a plain black duffel bag as well. I put them both on the bed and end up waking Jake up to help me.

He goes and gets all of his clothes and I do as well. I have tons of stuff to pack though, considering we are going to be there for two weeks. I grab all five of my bikinis to put in the suitcase. I grab 10 pairs of shorts, ranging in different colors since they will need to go over the bikini's. I also grab some maxi dresses and sun hats.

Jake and I are going to have some nights where we go out to dinner and have a nice night out so I make sure to pack some nice clothing as well. I also pack a pair of capris and plenty of different sandals. I grab one pair of heels to go with the nice clothing and then go and pack all of that up.

After I get that, I go into the bathroom and get enough underwear and bras for the two weeks. I pack those and then start to get ready for the day so I can pack my bathroom stuff.

I don't take a shower since I am going to be traveling all day. I walk into the closet and change into a pair of yoga pants and a half sleeved grey and blue shirt that shows my bump. I slip on another pair of sandals and then go into the bathroom and wash my face and brush my teeth and hair.

After I'm ready, I pack all of my bathroom stuff up and put it in my bag as well as grabbing some lotion and jackets to put in there as well.

When I finally have everything packed in my duffel bag, I go and get my tote bag, also in the same pattern, and transfer everything in my purse to my bag as well as putting a blanket, hoodie, travel pillow that goes around the neck, my laptop, phone charger, phone, portable charger. laptop charger, books, and headphones in it for the carry on.

I let Jake carry my duffel bag out to the car since it is heavy and I'm too tired to carry it. We are going to take my car and keep it parked at the airport.

Once he has everything packed, I make sure everything is turned off and lock the door before proceeding down the stairs and into the passenger side. Jake is already in the car, ready to go, when I get in there. Once I get my seatbelt on, he pulls out of our apartment complex and we head to the airport. It's about 30 minutes there and once we get to the place we are keeping our car, he gets our luggage and we get on the shuttle that is bringing us to the airport.

When we get to the airport, Jake once again gets our luggage and we start our journey through security. It is surprisingly not that busy and we get through within like 5-10 minutes. Once we have our tickets and are ready to board, we go to the McDonald's in the airport to get some food. I get 20 chicken nuggets, fries, and a water to take on the plane with me.

While Jake is waiting for the food, I go to another store and get us some snacks and drinks for the 7 hour plane ride. I get a lot of food and snacks because there is no way I can go that long without food.

After I pay for our snacks and drinks, I find Jake and we go and sit down in the area near our gate to eat our food from McDonald's before we board.

While we are waiting, I make sure my phone is charged since I have been using it today since I woke up. As I'm eating and waiting, I'm texting my mom and letting her know all of the details of what is happening. I'm so excited for this trip just because it is going to be so much fun! Even though Jake and I live with each other and are married, I think it is going to be good to get away for a few weeks like we are.