Chapter 17

"This is perfect." I say the three days later when Jake and I are at Babies R Us to get the furniture for the nursery. We painted it two days ago so it has had some time to dry and is now ready for us to but furniture in it.

Even though it is kind of early to be decorating the nursery, we want to get it done because when I get farther along and bigger, I will be more tired and I'm being put on bed rest three months early just to make sure everything goes good and to help the possibility of me and the baby not dying.

We have chosen a name for the baby and our daughter's name is going to be Brooklynn Rose Stevenson. We wanted to name her Brooke but we wanted Rose to be the middle name so we just altered Brooke to become Brooklynn. We can always call her Brooke for short. Also she has two n's at the end of her name like my name is at the end, the lynn, so that's why it's spelled that way.

I'm so excited to decorate the nursery. I'm not too sure about Jake, but I have been looking forward to this time for so long. I have always dreamed of decorating my child's nursery and even though it isn't how we would have wanted it, I'm glad to be doing it now.

We painted the room turquoise and coral. We have a base wall that has turquoise waves going across it. The window is in the middle of that wall. The other three walls are solid coral. The theme of the nursery is sea themed.

Right now we are buying every little thing for the room. We are going to go to target after here and get some decorations.

We are in the crib section, looking at all the millions of cribs and I found this beautiful white one that I want.

"Babe all of these cribs are exactly the same. How can you say it's perfect when it is exactly the same." He says, confused.

I just sigh and say, "boys," while shaking my head.

He laughs and looks at it. "I thought we were going to go with dark wood since the room is already so bright?"

"No we agreed on white."

"I'm so confused."

"I know dear. I know." I say, rolling my eyes.

He puts the white crib in the cart that we have and we move on to the changing table section. Like I mentioned before to him, we are making all of the furniture bright colors to go with the walls.

We decide on a white changing table with two drawers for diapers and wipes in it. We also get a little changing bed with a variety of covers for it. We get a plain coral, plain turquoise, plain white cover, and a turquoise chevron cover for it. 

We get a coral colored dresser with white outlining the drawers and knobs. This is where we will put her cloths, bibs, binkies, towels, blankets, and those sort of things. 

After that, we have the big things and start to find the small things. We get a white chair, but it is an arm chair that rocks, so it is actually going to be very comfortable. There is also a foot rest that comes with it, also white.

We also get a floor lamp that has three different shades on it and it is turquoise colored. There is a white shelf to hang on the wall for books that we will get. After we are finished getting the furniture type things, I leave Jake to go and wonder through the newborn section.

I see this absolutely adorable onesie that has the words my mommy loves me more than you written on it and I laugh, picking it up. Jake finds me and sees what is in my hand and looks at me.

"Well looks like Brooklynn has her first piece of clothing." He puts it in the basket and I smile at him, kissing him right there.

"I love you so much Jake Stevenson."