Chapter 19

The next day, I wake up to the sun shining into the hotel room. Since we were both so tired from the long day of traveling, Jake and I ended up sleeping until 1 in the afternoon. We didn't really schedule lots to do today just because we knew we would be tired, but we do have a surfing lesson at 3. 

Jake is awake next to me, watching the tv. He is watching the football game that was on yesterday. Once he sees that I am awake, he turns it off and smiles at me. 

"Good morning gorgeous. How are you feeling today?" He asks me. 

"Tired."  I say and we both laugh. I give him a kiss before getting up and going into the mini closet to get my outfit. 

I choose a turquoise bikini with white polka dots on it and a pink maxi dress to go over the top of it. After choosing my outfit, I go and change into it and then do my makeup. I wear waterproof makeup, obviously, and then brush my hair before putting it in a bun. 

I brush my teeth and slip on some sandals before I am ready to go. Jake is already done getting dressed and is wearing a pair of black swim trunks and a black muscle shirt. 

After grabbing my tote bag that has our towels, phones, wallets, sunscreen, sunglasses, everything we need basically in it, we head down to the car. 

I set my bag in the backseat and Jake takes us to the pier. Since it was dark last night, we didn't get to see the beauty of the Bahamas. So as we are driving, I take in the view. 

The ocean surrounds the island, obviously, and the water is literally crystal blue. Cliffs are around that people can jump off of and into the ocean, so they aren't that high of cliffs. We are staying more at a resort than hotel, so there is a pool and everything like that, but seeing the beach is just gorgeous. 

Jake pulls up to the pier and parks the car. I get my bag and we walk hand in hand down to a place on the beach that has food since we haven't ate at all today. 

We go to the Snack Shack and I get chicken strips and french fries with a Dr. Pepper. Jake gets a chicken burger with fries and we get nachos to share. He also gets a water. 

After getting our food, we go to the little picnic tables outside and sit there to eat. I get some barbecue sauce for my chicken and Jake and I talk about the remainder of our day. 

First, we are going to the surf lessons after this. After that, we are going to play in the water on the beach and enjoy our day. Once the sun goes down, we are going to go to dinner and then watch the sunset from our balcony at the hotel. Then we might go night swimming before getting to bed for the start of tomorrow. 

So after we eat, we throw our trash away and take a picture. I'm obviously going to take millions of photos to post to Facebook and Instagram and Snapchat. I'm also taking them so we can get them blown up and put around the house. I'm so excited because when we get back, our wedding photos should be in and we are going to take maternity photos! 

We get someone to take our picture in front of the gorgeous beach and then we head to our surf lessons. Obviously, it isn't 3 yet so we have some time to let our food settle before getting into the water. 

Jake and I lay in the sand for a little while before it is time for us to go to our lesson. We pay and rent our surf stuff before following the instructor to the beach. 

He goes over the rules and then let's Jake go first. While he is learning to surf, I take lots of pictures. Jake gets the hang of it pretty quickly and is soon riding some waves, obviously small waves. 

Once he is done, it is my turn. I follow the instructor into the warm water and he teaches me positions I can lay on the surfboard in, different from Jake since I am pregnant. Also, since I am pregnant and am supposed to be taking it easy, we don't really take me on big waves and the waves that I do surf on are so small they don't even count. But that's okay.