Chapter 8

Jake is in the middle of the football field, down on one knee, a smile on his face.

I start to walk a little bit faster and stop when I'm right in front of him. Everyone around us has their phones our, recording and taking pictures.

"Kaitlynn, life has thrown so many curveballs at us in the years you and I have been dating. There's been drama, fighting and up till 3 am, losing people close to us, even breaking up but finding each other once more because we are meant to be. And now, life has thrown one of the biggest curveballs at us: you're pregnant. Now don't get me wrong, I'm so happy that you are going to be the mother of my child. I just wish I could have proposed to you before you got pregnant.

"Don't think I'm asking you this because you're pregnant, because I'm not. I'm asking you this because when I look into my future, all I see is you. I see your smile, your laugh, your amazing personality, the way you can make me smile or can make me laugh even on my worst days. The way you are so strong even when you are dealing with such a life changing thing. When I look into my future, I see you holding our child, loving me when I don't deserve it, being just the amazing person that you are.

"Kaitlynn, you are so compassionate. You are so loving, beautiful, kind, caring, and just simply perfect. I can't imagine waking up any day for the rest of my life without having you by my side. I love you with all of my heart and I always have.

"So as I'm on one knee, I ask you one thing: Kaitlynn Elizabeth Baker, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife? Will you marry me?"

At this point tears are streaming down my face as I shake my head yes and mumble out a yes.

He slips the ring onto my finger and then kisses me, telling me how much he loves me.

Everyone around us claps but they all fade away as I stare into the eyes of the man of my dreams, the love of my life.

He hugs me and I hug him back, letting myself melt into his arms. This all feels like a dream to me. I love Jake so much.

After that whole hurrah happens, everyone sort of disperses and Jake and I walk to the truck.

I get in the passenger side after properly putting my stuff in the truck, and Jake follows me, getting into the drivers side.

He starts the car and we drive home. Once we get back to the apartment, I grab my things and Jake grabs his, then we ascend the stairs and up to where our apartment is. Jake unlocks the door and we proceed to walk in.

I walk to the bedroom and put my stuff down. Jake walks into the bathroom after putting his stuff down and gets in the shower, trying to get all of the sweat and dirt off of him.

I walk into the bathroom as well and change into a pair of sweatpants and Jake's t-shirt. I pull brush my hair and then put it into a messy bun, then proceed to take off my makeup. After I finish that, I brush my teeth and put on my glasses, then walk into the bedroom and get into the bed.

I grab my phone and call my mom.

"Hello." She answers, chirpily.

"Hi mom. Did you stay after the game?" I ask, hoping she did.

"Well of course dear. Yes, I saw the proposal. I'm so happy for you both!" She tells me and I smile.

"Thank you mom." I tell her.

"No problem sweetie. So we didn't get much of a chance to talk this morning. How are you doing?"

"Good I guess. I think the stress is finally starting to settle in on me. I feel like my job is not going to be enough, as well as Jake's. And this dinner tomorrow is going to stress me out as well. You know how grandpa Harvey is."