Chapter 4

I wake up the next morning with a smile on my face. I know that I shouldn't be all that happy to be leaving my family and moving in with Jake because we are going to have a baby in high school, but I am. I mean, I was really scared for this baby and I still am, but this apartment just made me feel a lot better. I mean, if Jake and I can get an apartment and pay rent, we can have a baby too and take care of it. I'm still really scared for this baby, but I know that it will be okay and our families supporting us makes things a lot better as well.

I get up and make my bed quickly and then get dressed in the shorts and t-shirt that I left out for today and put on my makeup and pull my hair into a high ponytail. I quickly put on my tennis shoes and then pack everything else up into the correct box.

Both Jake and I's parents are giving us some extra money and letting us get some stuff for the house, a sort of housewarming present. We are also going to use some of our money to get furniture and decorate our house because we want to start off with new stuff because this is our house you know? We want things for our family. We are definitely going to get a new bed and bed set.

Grabbing some small things that aren't too heavy and that I can lift, I walk out of my room and downstairs. I set the stuff down near the door and then walk into the kitchen.

"Good morning everyone." I say. My whole family is in the kitchen getting breakfast ready.

"Good morning dear. We made you breakfast before you leave." My mom says, smiling.

"Aww that's so sweet! Thanks you guys." I say, smiling.

Kaylee sets the table and we all sit at the table. I put sausage, eggs, two blueberry muffins, and some hash browns on my plate.

"So I brought some stuff that I can carry downstairs and set it by the door." I tell them, taking a bite.

"Okay, well we will get the rest, you don't need to lift anything too heavy." My dad says and I laugh.

"Okay dad." I tell him.

We finish breakfast, carrying a conversation about the day throughout it. I help do the dishes and then everyone starts getting the stuff from my room and bringing it downstairs. I get my car keys and drive my car up the circle driveway and back it up to where it's closer to the door.

Then I get the stuff I can lift and put it in my car. My car is a blue Toyota Highlander so there is a lot of room in it.

I put the small things in the backseat and passenger seat, loading up the car. Then they put the rest of the boxes and tubs in the back of my car and fill it up the rest of the way.

"Okay, y'all are gonna follow me to the apartment?" I ask them once everything is finally loaded up.

"Yep." My dad says.

They get into their car and I get into mine, grabbing my phone to call Jake and tell him we are on our way there.

He's already there waiting with his family so I start my car and start the drive there. It's only about 10 minutes from my old house so it doesn't take too long to get there.

When we do, we park and Jake and I go inside to get the keys and pay the first months rent.

"Congratulations you two!" The lady says to us.

"Thank you!" I tell her.

She smiles at us and we get the keys.