Chapter 25

The next day, I wake up and yawn. Today is the day that my wonderful husband comes home. He has only been gone for a week, but considering we have spent every minute together since we found out about Brooklynn, it feels like an eternity. 

I have to pick him up from the airport today and his flight is landing early, so I have to hurry and get ready.

Since I slept in later than usual, I decide to skip the shower so I can make it on time. So I get up and go into the closet to choose my outfit. I decide on a pair of light blue jeans and a grey t-shirt with a blue cardigan. 

I grab a pair of grey toms and then walk into the bathroom and get dressed. I roll up my pants to my ankles and then do my hair. I brush it through and put it half up and half down. 

After that, I quickly put on some makeup before walking out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. I put on my toms and quickly make the bed. 

I grab my phone and purse before walking into the kitchen to get a drink. After I have my drink, I walk to my car and turn it on. I turn my radio up and then back out of the parking lot to head to the airport. 

After about an hour, I pull up to the pick up area at the airport. I call Jake to let him know where I am parked. His flight landed a few minutes ago and he should be coming anytime. He just has to get his luggage. 

"Hey babe, I'm about to walk out the door." He says when he answers.

"Okay, I'm here right outside the door so you should see me." I tell him and he says okay before hanging up. 

Right after he hangs up, I see him walk out of the door with his team. I smile and open the back before getting out to greet him. 

He smiles when he sees me and gives me a kiss when we reach each other. His team gives catcalls and we all laugh. 

"Hello gorgeous. I've missed you." He says, making me blush.

"I've missed you too babe." I tell him as we put his stuff in the back of the car. 

"Do you want to drive?" I ask him and he nods, walking towards the driver's side.

"Bye Kaitlynn!" The whole team says at the same time and I laugh say bye back. 

Once I get into the car, Jake pulls away. 

"Can we go to Chick Fil A?" I ask him and he nods, pulling into the lane to get there. "Also, we need to get some last minute stuff for Brooklynn because I'm almost to the point where I can't go out anymore." 

"Alright, sounds good. How was the baby shower yesterday?" He asks me. 

"Good. It was very successful. I'm pretty sure that Brooklynn is going to have more clothes than necessary from her aunt Natalie and aunt Trinity." 

"Really? How?" 

"They gave us a huge chest full of clothes and shoes and socks and stuff like that. And it's not just newborn clothes, it's clothes that will fit her for the whole first year." 

"Wow. You gotta love those two." 

"I know right. They already spoil her to death." 

"Mhm." 

He pulls into the drive through of Chick Fil A and orders us some food while I text Natalie and Trinity in our group message. 

If you're wondering, I left them a note telling them where I am going before I left this morning since they were still sleeping. They are most likely still going to be there when we get back because Jake and I want them to help put stuff away in the nursery. 

Once Jake and I get our food, he drives us to the nearest Babies R Us and parks the car. Before we get out to go inside, we finish eating our food. 

Jake and I get out of the car and head inside after about 20 minutes of eating. Since we already have a lot of the things we need, we are just here for some last minute things and maybe a bit more clothes since she will be a newborn. 

I saw this thing on Pintrest that we are going to try. It is a tiny arm chair that you can get and it is level with our bed. You put it against the bed and it stays there so there is no gap. This will be good for when she is first born and doesn't sleep in her nursery all of the time. 

Also, we are going to get a thing that we can hang on one of the sides to put diapers and wipes and everything in it. On the back, we have a hand made blanket with her name and a whale on it. 

So that is what we seek out to find first. Surprisingly, we find a chair pretty quickly. Jake puts it in the cart and we go to find some things to cover it with. 

We end up getting turquoise blankets to put around it and a coral blanket to go in the middle. The blanket that we have that was made for her is both colors. 

Next, we go to the bassinets and get one for her. We get a simple white one before heading over to baby gear section. 

Here we get a brown and pink diaper bag. The top has brown and pink chevron and the front is just brown. We are going to see if my aunt Courtney will monogram her initials on it. 

In this section we also get a high chair, two high chair covers, swing, bouncer, play mat, and a turquoise and coral chevron shopping cart cover.

We then go over to the stroller section and get a stroller, along with a cart, organizer, and shade to go with it. 

After that, we get the last things that we need which are:

-Car shade

-Mobile that is seat creatures

-Humidifier 

-Projector and sound system

-Breast pump

-Some clothes

-Tubs to put around her room

When we finish getting everything we need, we head to the checkout. I pay while Jake gets everything back into the cart. 

Once we have paid, we head to the car. Jake stuffs the car completely full. He has to put things in the very back along with the backseat.

 I put the cart back once he's done and then get in the car. We then start our trip back home. 

After about an hour, we arrive back to the apartment and Natalie and Trinity come out to help Jake carry. I carry the light weight stuff and we put it all in the nursery. 

I first unpack all of Jake's things and start a load of laundry before we start to put everything where it goes in the nursery. 

In the nursery, we hang up clothes and put stuff in the dresser. After that, we put the stroller and diaper bag against a wall that doesn't have much on it. 

We filled the diaper bag with the stuff we will need at the hospital.

After all of that, we just basically set everything up and set it all up. We put the carseats in the cars and the high chair in the kitchen. 

Once everything is done, I go into the room and pack some stuff in a bag that we will use for my hospital bag. 

After that, Natalie and Trinity go home and Jake and I watch movies for the rest of the day, just enjoying each other's company before going to bed. 

&&&&

Hey guys!

It's getting to the end of the book!! Who's excited/nervous for the birth of Brooklynn?? 

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I didn't know what else to write to get it more full. I hope you guys still enjoyed. 

Comment and Vote!

~Kelsi