Chapter 21

A week and a half later

Today we are leaving the gorgeous Bahamas. As much fun as I have had here, I'm ready to get home. Christmas is in a few days and we have so much to do. Thankfully, this trip was paid for so I have some money for everyone's Christmas presents. 

It is currently early in the morning and the sun is just barely rising. I wake Jake up and we go out to the balcony and watch the beautiful sun rise over the ocean. 

We have been doing this every day for the last week that we have been here. It's a perfect way to wake up and begin the day. I'm definitely going to miss it. 

"I can't believe we are leaving this beautiful place today." Jake says and I nod. 

"Yeah, me either. But I am ready to get back home." I respond. 

"Me too." 

We walk back into the hotel room and I go to change into a comfortable outfit to travel in. I decide on yoga pants and a dark pink long sleeved shirt. After I get dressed, I put my hair up and add just a little bit of makeup. 

Once I finish that, I go into the little closet and take everything out and throw it onto the bed. Jake helps me fold them and put them in our bags. While I'm finishing up, he goes around the room to make sure we aren't forgetting anything. 

When everything is packed up, I use the restroom and Jake goes to put our bags in the car. When he comes back up, we take one last selfie out on the balcony with the beach in the background and then go down to the lobby. 

I turn in our keys to the room and then go out to the car that Jake already has on. We drive to the rental place and turn the car in. 

We take the shuttle to the airport and go through security and everything of the sort. When we finish there, we go to a fast food place that is in the airport to get some breakfast before making our way to our gate area and sit in the chairs. 

While we eat, I text my mom and Jake's mom, letting them know we are about to board. When I finish eating, I go pick us up some snacks from the little stores around here for the plane ride. 

Soon after I finish buying the food, we are called to board. We hand the lady the tickets and go into the plane to find our seats. I get the window seat again and Jake has the isle seat. I get everything set up and buckle myself in.

The flight attendant goes through the safety rules and we soon take off. As we take off, I watch out the window, saying my goodbye's to the Bahamas. 

When we are aloud to get our devices out, I put my headphones on and lay my head on Jake. He puts his arms around me and I fall asleep with my music blasting and secure in Jake's arms.

&&&&

"Baby wake up." Jake says a few hours later. I sit up and see that someone is there ready to take our order for lunch. 

"Can I get the cheeseburger with fries?" I ask her and she nods, writing it down. 

Jake orders the same thing and she walks away after writing it down. I lay my head back on Jake's shoulder and he wraps his arm around mine. 

"What's on your mind love?" He asks me. 

"A lot." I say, smiling at him. 

"Baby talk to me." 

"I just feel worried." I tell him. I have been keeping some of my feelings away because we have been on our honeymoon, but I feel now is the perfect time to tell him. 

"About Brooklynn?" He asks and I nod. 

"I just feel like I'm not prepared." 

"Well we haven't had the baby shower yet. We agreed that after the baby shower we will finish getting everything we need." 

"It's not that." 

"Then what?" 

"I'm not saying I will, but I feel like if I don't make it, she won't get the advice that she needs. I want to make a video for each milestone in her life. Something you wouldn't be able to talk about with her when she just needs her mom. Just to be prepared." 

"Baby..." He says, trailing off with tears in his eyes. 

"Jake I don't want to die. I don't want to leave you or Brooklynn, but you know as well as I do that there isn't a guarantee. I don't want to have you go through life with her and not know what to say when she will just need her mom." 

"I think it's a good idea. I just don't want to believe that I can really lose you." 

"I know, me either. It's crazy thinking that I could die in a few months. It stresses me out too Jake. I try so hard not to think about it and to just continue life as normal thinking of all of our memories we will have with her, but it's just so hard. I want to be a mom Jake." 

"Baby I know. I hate that this is happening to you, to us. We are going to be okay, I truly believe that." 

I nod and position myself to where I am laying my head in his lap. His hands run through my hair and I find myself relaxing. It's the small moments like these that I know, no matter what, Jake and I will always be okay.

&&&&

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached North Carolina. Thank you for choosing this airline to travel on and enjoy your day." The flight attendant says once we land at home. 

Since Jake and I are in first class, we have to wait till everyone else gets off before we do. While we are waiting, Jake and I gather our things together. 

When we finally get off of the plane, we make our way to baggage claim to get our luggage. Jake catches them from the conveyer belt since I can't lift them before we head to the shuttles. 

We catch the shuttle that is taking us to where we parked our car. Once we get there, Jake finds the keys and unlocks the car. He puts our luggage in the trunk while I get in the passenger side, starting up the car. 

He pulls out of the parking lot and we start on our journey back to our apartment. When we finally get there, Jake parks in our spot and he grabs our luggage. 

I walk ahead of him so that I can unlock the door for us. Jake brings our luggage to our bedroom and I turn on the heat since it's a bit chilly outside. 

After turning the heat on, I go into the kitchen and start some water boiling on the stove. We are going to have to go to the store soon because we have no milk or anything of the sort, but we can make shells and cheese. So that's what I make. 

While the noodles are softening, I go and turn on the Christmas tree lights and the lights we have hung around the apartment. Then I go back in the kitchen and drain the water from the noodles and finish it. 

Jake and I get our bowls and go into the living room to watch The Christmas Spirit, one of my favorite Christmas movies. 

The rest of the night is pretty much a movie night. We do the dishes after we eat and then I go into the bedroom and Jake plays video games. I separate our laundry and start some clothes in the washer. 

I go into the bathroom and take a quick shower and get ready for bed. After I'm ready for bed, I change the clothes and leave the other clothes for the next day. 

I kiss Jake goodnight and crawl into bed, after telling my family we have landed, and let sleep overtake me. 

&&&&

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the short chapter, but there isn't much to write about when they are traveling. 

I'm so excited for Christmas!! My plan is to write one more chapter and then have the Christmas chapter come up on actual Christmas, but I don't know for sure, so don't count on it lol. 

Comment what your favorite Christmas movie is! Mine is How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Jim Carrey version. 

Comment and Vote!

~Kelsi