Changes

Chapter 49

I reached over gently tucking her hair behind her ear.  God she was beautiful and all mine.  My heart swell at the thought.  As soon as we got back to the car, Eva fell into a soundless sleep.  I knew she was wiped, but she was so stubborn insisting to walk in and out of there on her own steam. I pulled the car into the garage and watch for second as her chest rose and fell with each breath.  I got out of the car and went to her side unbuckling her seatbelt and scooped her out of the car.  Eva snuggled into my body and my arms instinctively tighten around her.

The door that lead into the house was open by one of the security men.  "Your dad and brother are in your office."

"Thank you. Tell them I will be in five minutes." I continue upstairs and place Eva into bed.  Eva didn't stir and I place a light kiss on her luscious lips.  I quietly shut the door and went to the office to catch my family up on what happen at CIF.

"Son, I talked with Silas he said that the council meeting will be over in a few.  He will come and join us shortly."

"Good, we got some information on  what  Carson is up to.  At least some of it." I revealed everything that we learned.

"Have you talk to Colin about the protection detail headed his way?"

"He knows. He will call when they get there."

"Thank god Eva set that up. I feel better knowing that they will have protection. Now what about Carson?" My dad slumped down in the chair.

"Yes, tell us what you find out." Silas had entered the room. Silas sat quietly as he sat through the information  that CIF had on Carson. "The council met with the wives of Councilmen Tift and Miller and they are calling in everyone to look for them. Interesting enough all the Carsons were outraged about them missing."

"Was Jeremiah there?" I  remember Ricker said he had disappeared.

"Yes he was there."

"I thought he was in hiding?"

""No he sat on the bench like he was cluesless. My men have a location on where the councilmen are being kept. Creed call your contact at CIF and tell them we move out tonight."

"Will do."

"I will see you tonight." Silas left.

"Son, will Eva be up for this?"

"No, but you know how stubborn she is. She will insist on going."

"Brother don't even think about leaving her out. You know she will show up anyway. "

I sighed running my hand through my hair. "I know."

An agnozing scream rippled the  through house. We all shot out of my office and my heart stopped when I realized it was Eva. I jumped up the stairs heading to our room. I shoved the guards out of my way to see Eva writhing on the bed.

I rushed to her side trying to assess what the hell was going on. Eva's  body was dripping wet with sweat and a painful scream tore out of her.

"Eva wake up baby. Tell me what's wrong." No response and I tried to reach her through our mindlink. It was block but I could feel the pain that was crashing through her.

"Son I'm calling the doctor. Everyone out!" Dad took charge ushering everyone out the room except family.

"Eva baby wake up."

"Creed I think she's shifting."

"What?" I look at what James was staring at.

"Creed did you fully mate?"