Girl Prattle

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Chapter 17

We stopped mere feet from the steps leading up to the back porch of the pack house. Creed quickly pulled me into his body, his hand wrapping around my waist as my arms laid limply by my sides. He tilted my head back and ravage my mouth, our tongues continue their lusty tango. I pushed my body further into his and before I could wrap my arms around him, he broke the kiss abruptly panting hard. In those few heated seconds, Creed had managed to raise my hormonal levels that I whimpered when he broke contact. I wanted more.

"We will pick this up, when I get back." Creed stepped back and I remained motionless as he held onto my hand giving it a light squeeze. I was about to yank him back in for seconds when I heard a female calling my name.

"We got her, Creed. You go and do your job." Missy commanded as she forced my hand out of Creed's dragging me back into the house. I looked over my shoulder to catch a glimpse of Creed disappearing into the woods.

"Hey slow down, where you taking me?" I was about to dig in my heels and stop Missy from pulling me up the stairs. I had things I needed to do and fast.

"Upstairs for girl talk, of course."

"Umm I am pretty tired I should go to bed."

Missy laughed. "Oh no, there is no way you are getting off that easy." Damn, I need to get to the woods, not get involved with one of those girl talks. "Here she is."

Missy gave me a slight shove into Celeste's room and I came face to face with several pair of female eyes. The group of women were very diverse not only in skin color but rank.

"Don't look so scare Eva, we won't bite." Celeste waved her hand for me to enter the room fully.

"Unless of course you are into that sorta of thing. I think Creed might be?

Laughter rippled through the room at one of the girl statement. She accompanied Missy we they came to collect me from Creed.

"Julie, don't scare the girl any more than she looks right, now. Here have a seat over here. I'm Alex and that girl with the vulgar mouth is Julie."

"Eva meet my friends, you already met Vicki, Missy, and Lily. You just met Alex and Julie and that's Natalie and Shanna." After their name was called they each gave me a friendly wave. "So you and Creed? I had a feeling it was you."

"Me?" I was sitting in the hot seat facing all the women with my back to the door, I felt like I was about to be interrogated. If I didn't get my ass out of here and into the woods, I was going to be in for a real interrogation.

"Yes Creed showed up here a month ago to visit. Then he left or so we thought. We find out from Kelvin that he was still in the area stalking someone. "

"Kelvin? Oh the police chief. He didn't tell you that it was me?"

"No Creed must have told him not to." Celeste answered.

"Wow, I can't believe you have a second chance mate. How do you feel?" Lily asked genuinely concerned. Under normal circumstances I should be elated to have a chance at another mate. But these weren't normal circumstances and Creed was not my second chance mate. I will say that I felt drawn to him and he was a helluva kisser. But mate? No way.

"I-I don't know yet? It's unbelievable." I whispered shyly staring down at my hands.

"Well now you are truly family." Celeste grinned and my eyes snapped up to stare at her.

"You are so lucky, you get to live on the council territory." Natalie sighed dreamily.

I whipped my head to the couch. "T-he council territory?" Wait hold up the council? Shit don't tell me Creed lives up there. Has he seen me before?

"Yes didn't Creed tell you he works for the council?" Vicki confirmed.

"No we haven't gotten that far into our talks." I mumbled.

"What she means is they have been doing things other than talking. Girl I don't blame you, Creed is fine!" Julie snickered. Well she was right we haven't talked about our personal information. What type of work did Creed do for the council? I need to call Bernie.

"As usual Julie you let your hormones talk for you. Ignore her, we do." Missy groaned.

"What, aw come on, don't be like that we know how it is when we first meet our mate. I mean when I laid eyes on Matt..." Julie began to get a goofy look on her face hugging her arms around her body as she remembered a past moment.

Alex threw a pillow at Julie's head, "We know! You tell us that story every chance you get. And not all of us have met our mate." Alex eyes dragged to the couch where Natalie sat.

"Oh I'm sorry Nat and Shanna." Julie apologized quickly.

"Don't apologize, I'm looking forward to the Gathering. I have a feeling that I will find him at this one." Natalie announced to the girls.

"I have been enjoying myself without a mate." Shanna piped in not phase about Julie talking about finding mates.

"Shanna are you going to the Gathering?" Celeste asked.

"Yes, Natalie talked me into it."

"Good for you. Now back to our special guest and my new sister-in-law."

"Hey I'm not your sister-in-law." My eyes widen at Celeste new title for me. This was way too much and too fast.

"Oh my god, I just realized that maybe that's why Caden took an instant liking to you. He knew you were his auntie." Celeste ignored me and continue talking as if I was ecstatic about the turn of events.

"Auntie? I'm not his auntie. This is going too fast."

"Oh but you are Auntie Eva." Celeste teased and everyone start mimicking her by calling me auntie Eva.

"I-I think I need some time alone." I stood up holding my hands up as if surrendering.

Vicki got up and quickly stood in front of me. "Guys back off, let the girl breathe. Go now before they keep you hostage." Vicki turned me towards the door giving me a light shove as the girls giggled and calling for me to come back and sit down.

"Thanks Vicki." I made my escape but instead of going to my room I snuck out of the pack house. I dodged people from the security team and made my way to the place I hid my clothes.

Through a lot of maneuvering and crawling around in the dirt I made my way to the tree. I dropped to my knees and plaster the side of body to the tree as I shove my arm into the dark hole. My hands frantically searched for my clothes and the gun but came up empty. I half stood as I tried to get a better angle into the tree letting my arm delve further into the hollow inside. Still nothing, I blew out a frustrated breath. It was too late, someone found my stash. A low threatening, growl came from somewhere behind me and I stilled my movements.

"Looking for these?"

A/N

Dun, dun, dun... Eva is busted. Guesses on who found them?

Don't forget to vote/comment.

Pic is Creed
Nicci