Changing of the Guard

Chapter 41

I woke up in bed surrounded by his smell. The room was bathed in darkness. I searched in vain for bright neon numbers to tell me what time it was. I didn't know how much time had passed between Creed taking me from the hospital to now.

Time was of the essence, I had a job to do. Not one that I relish, but it had to get done. First convincing the Wright family to back off and then doing my own digging to see what else Carson was up to.

I wanted to make sure Celeste and her family was someplace safe and away from Carson's reach. It was obvious that Commander Ricker didn't have the family high on his priority list. But they were high on mine. First thing first. I need to get the hell out of here.

I moved my arm and it should shook from resistance. I could feel my legs but they felt disconnected from me. The only thing I had full control over was my head. I was free from any needles or machines.

My eyes finally adjusted to the darkness and I could make out some furniture and a couple of doors on either side of the bed. The main door was across from the bed. I was lying in the middle of a king size bed under thick blankets. The door swung, open light pouring behind the intruder. The Intruder flipped on the light switch and Creed stood still gazing at me for a few seconds with a tray of food in his hands.

Creed hadn't changed much; his hair longer and his appearance seemed to go back to homeless look that I remember when we first met. I locked onto his eyes and could feel the wildness in him. His wolf lurking underneath ready to leap out any moment. The memory of his wild beast as rip through CIF guards, made me want to roll over and submit. "I see that you are awake."

"Yes but I still can't move." I broke eye contact trying to refocus. I need to find out what I missed and the status of Celeste and Colin.

"It will take time. Now it's time to eat." I watched as Creed place the tray on a small table next to the bed and begin preparing the meal that I was about to eat. I saw a bowl of soup and some other things I wasn't able to make out. A bottle of pills was placed next to a glass of water.

Creed turned his attention to me and gently position me into a sitting position fluffing some pillows behind my back. Then he place the tray over my lap and join me in the bed. He scooped out a hearty portion of the soup to feed me. I stared at the spoon then at him before accepting his offer.

"Creed we need to talk."

"No talking eat." Creed growled and refuse to speak. I get it, he's still mad but he can't continue to ignore me. But I opened my mouth and allowed him to feed me in silence.

After I was done, he place the pills on my tongue and grab the water for me to swallow them. Creed took away the pillows and gently slid me back down under the covers. He quickly vacated the bed taking the tray with him and made a move to the door.

"Creed, please talk to me you can't keep on ignoring me." Creed move to open the door. But I screamed, " talk to me!" Creed slam the door and then slam the tray on the dresser.

"You want to talk? Let's talk! Let's talk about how you keep making all of the decisions for us. Let's talk about how not once, but twice you put yourself in a situation that could have taken you from me. That is not your choice anymore." Creed had paced back over to the bed towering over me his eyes flashing yellow. I knew I should stop but I needed to get him to understand.

"Creed you know I had reasons for doing what I did. It was to save the people that you love and to save you."

Creed snapped and fell on me with elongated teeth, while his hand wrapped around the back of my neck yanking me back into a sitting position. He was barely an inch away from my face snarling. "Cut the bullshit! You made those decisions without even thinking about me! All you thought about was your self as usual, no more. You are my mate. And you will no longer make decisions that will affect the both of us. From here on out, I will be making the decisions for us. And you can't do a damn thing about it" His canines grazed my mark to make a point that he could mark me again or even complete the mating process if he wanted to. I was helpless to stop him. Son of a bitch! Damn understanding!

"I don't know who you think you are talking to like that?! But I am not some lap dog or sniveling she wolf that's going to follow her mate around like a love-sick puppy." Creed released his hold and turned away; his shoulders heaving up and down and his hands were balled up in fist. I knew he was trying to regain control of his wolf and stop the transformation. He took a couple of steps towards the door before turning back around and facing me.

"You are going to do whatever I say you're going to do. I will no longer let you put your life on the line without me having some decisions in the process making. And if you have a problem with that then get up right now and do something about it. What? Can't move that's what I thought! You, Eva Pesch are at my mercy and you are going to learn what it means to be a mate. It means not just thinking about yourself but thinking of each other. No more Lone Wolf mentality will be in this relationship." Creed grab the tray and slammed out of the room. Who the hell was that guy and how the hell do I go to get out of here?

"Creed! Creed get back in here we are not done talking, you fucking coward. As soon as I get better I am out of here!" My eyelids started to droop and I could feel grogginess setting in. Damn that pill. "You can't keep me here against my will; you can't keep me prisoner. No mate is going to have complete control over me! Son of a bitch, get your ass back in here! Creed I know you can hear me."

The door opened but to my disappoint it wasn't Creed. "You need to calm down Pesch, or the medicine is not going to work. Your anger will burn the effects of the drug off."

"Peyton, get me out of here."

"No can do."

"You owe me. Now spring me from this hell hole."

"Actually my dear, you owe me so much that I beginning to lose count of the favors you owe. Also your lovely guard downstairs is a bit scary, so I love my life and will not be going against him. Just be a good little girl and take your medicine."

"Peyton, didn't picture you as such a coward. Slip Creed one of your sleeping pills and then get me out of here."

"Hell no, unlike you I value my life and I will not provoke that monster down there! Don't you remember what he did to those guards at CIF? I do and do not want to be on that receiving line."

"Fine, then go." I started yawning. It was getting harder to stay awake.

"Listen Eva, don't push him too hard. I was with him when he was looking for you and he was a wreck. Take it easy with him. I know that is hard for you, but put yourself in his shoes and imagine if the roles were reversed? You would be pissed if he did half the stuff you did. Plus, the medicine will do its magic quicker if you stay calm."

I turned my head away from Peyton closing my eyes and started to give in to the drug. He was right , if roles were reversed I would be royally pissed. But they weren't and Creed had to understand that I did what I did for all the right reasons. Someone has to make the tough decision, and that is what I did. What I always do!

"Eva what does Ricker want you to do?" That was the last thing I heard Peyton say before I let the drugs do their work and pull me back into a deep, dark hole of slumber.

A/N

OOOOO, who is loving Creed and his bad ass putting Eva in her place? I hope you enjoyed the chapter, everyone have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! I'm excited I'm off to Dragcon in the ATL, can't wait!

Don't forget to vote comment.

Nicci